Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We beat FSU for a Wischnefski???

I imagine this info is fairly accurate, I wonder if playing time has anything to do with it or that he wasn't offered a scholly.

Anyway, anyone who knows more on this situation, I'd love to hear it.

I'm posting the link to him on scout.com here:

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1869393
Back to the top

Sigep,
I know that Wischnefski had visited FSU hoping to get a scholly, but he never got offered. So the next week he committed to N.C. State because they had offered. The very next weekend he visited FAU and had a long talk with Schnellenberger that made him change his mind and commit to FAU. I dont' remember the specifics and can't find the article but he was mainly excited about playing time. He also if i'm correct mentioned what other recruits have mentioned, that FAU is playing big time programs so he'll have top quality experience, it's a chance to play for a great coach, program on the rise and location.

So while it's not a steal from FSU it is a steal from N.C. State who are not too shabby themselves, don't forget they did beat FSU this year won their bowl game against USF (14-0) and have been 4-1 and bowls since 2000. So thats a good program to be stealing recruits from. It's also important to note that out of their 19 hs recrutis this year 11 were from South Florida, hopefully more will come FAU's way next year.

I also believe if Wischnefski was fielding lots of interest from FSU and an offer from N.C. State that he was fielding offers from other high profile programs.
Back to the top
Control functions: