Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

RB question

I was concerned that a good size RB wasn't recruited. OG stated that we have a few good ones coming back. I was looking at the roster. There is a guy with a pretty good bio and real good size too. 5-11 225. About Morroney size. His name is Bobby Dorsainvil. I haven't seen him play. He transfered from a college in MO in 2004. His high school stats look pretty good and he has good size but hasn't played. Does anyone know anything about this guy?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

RB question

I don't know about the RB you mentioned. He has good size.
We missed out on two good players who are transferring from USF for lack of playing time. Josh Balloon and Ronnie McCullough. Both played FB and LB in high school and would have been great in our backfield. They went down to BCC(D1-AA) to play right away and not have to sit out a year.

There's talk about another back walking the halls who is looking forward to spring ball. Got his grades up this past season and want to play this year. He's 6'1 220.
Back to the top

RB question

Are we talking Ferguson??
Back to the top

RB question

No, Ferguson was a little smaller and lighter. I don't know what happened to him or if he even went out west to the JUCO. He would help resolve a lot of issues at RB. He can play!

I don't know this kid's name but last year he was talking about his situation and I was told that he is back in school this year.
Back to the top

RB question

Damn >:( You got my hopes up there for a little bit ;)
Back to the top

RB question

I'll be glad when Spring starts. One of the RB's need to step up real quick!

Rookie Willie Floyd is gonna turn some heads out there.
Back to the top

RB question

With Sanchez back and other rb's, does anyone think the offense will be back on track this year? OG mentioned that this type of offense needs a good full back to work right. Were the owls just missing a good FB this past season? Embick was the leading rusher.

Back to the top

RB question

illinoisowl said

With Sanchez back and other rb's, does anyone think the offense will be back on track this year? OG mentioned that this type of offense needs a good full back to work right. Were the owls just missing a good FB this past season? Embick was the leading rusher.

We were missing more than a good FB last year. The skies were just misaligned last year and not in our favor. Too many things came together at the wrong time. The seniors left and the inexperienced line needed time to develop. The pro-set offense need FB's who will stick their noses in the chest of LB's and D-Linemen. TE's must also pick up the DE on stunts. That didn't happen last year.
Looking back at the previous season you will see that we had a good TE and decent blocking with Parker/Sanchez.

Now people can say that Team so and so run the same offense and it works w/o a FB. They only have one back and one is split wide. Well look closer. They have a split end or H back in the slot. That's not considered the Pro-set anymore. The QB will hit short slant passes or flat passes. We didn't have WR who caught those last year either.

Coach Schnelly likes the typical Pro-set. No stunts,tricks or bluffs. You know what's coming. That's why Danny ran for his life last year. Plays broke down and there were no plan B from that style offense. Jared had Tony,Rosey or Larry to go get the ball if he threw it in their direction in a hurry. Or he'd dump it to Doug who made something happen. Again, that was missing last year.

I'm not being negative. That has(still) worked for a lot of schools including FAU. It will work for FAU when we get all of our youngsters on the same page.
Back to the top

RB question

RB question

That was a major edge Allen had, he had receivers that where not afraid to fight for the ball and Allen had enough confidence in them that if he got the ball there they came down with it. Plus you had Hill who you could count on to go down the middle and not be afraid to get his head knocked off after a catch and when you can pass down the middle with no fear, the WR will have chances to make big plays which is what happen.

You have to be able to use the middle of the field to open up the side line with one on one match-ups, plus it help with the running game.

This year was very disappointing, I saw many times where the TE miss blocks that where crutial - all he had to do was slow the defender down and failed to do so.

The TE and FB need to be able to play physical and their chance will be there for them to make plays offensively, once they take care of there blocking assignments.
Back to the top

RB question

I mentioned this more than once. I vividly remember Howard saying to the media that he was not very pleased with what he saw in last years spring drills. That was a clue of what was to come that fall. With that said, we should know what to expect this fall after this years spring drills. I hope we get good news.

Back to the top
Control functions: