Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

QB Transfer A Possibility

Heard from a good source a FL boy from Tampa and a QB is leaving Troy for FAU. He likes the football there but can't stand the rednecks, small town, small school, and cow pastures. He ran the Troy Scout Team and redshirted this year as a freshman. So, after he sits for a year, he will have three years with us. According to my source from Lakeland HS, the kid was trained as a drop-back QB but his senior year ran out of an option offesne that allowed him to pass. In the Hillsborough County vs Orange County All Star Game, he scored a 52 yard option keeper TD and a threw a 62 yard TD. He may be help for us since we lost QBs and don't have any real experience.
Back to the top

I played with him in HS but we ran an option offense. My source in Lakeland actually worked with him in the summers on being a drop-back QB and throwing to a spread offense. Our coach was too dumb to run it.
Back to the top

Talk in Troy is he is one of the best QBs of not the best on the team. He probably should have played last year.

I believe his father is a Troy grad. He walked on at Troy (or perhaps got an academic scholly) and chose Troy over some bigtime programs that found him late in the game.

There has been no talk (lately) of him leaving Troy (and the Troy board usually has the news before it's made public), but with the new spread offense coming in, a new OC, and a couple of highly touted new QBs, who knows.

Troy might be a small town, but it has great football atmosphere, very fiendly people, a wonderful, traditional southern campus; is less than a hour from two metro areas (Dothan and Montgomery); and a couple of hours from Panhandle beaches. Many people go there to get away from the city and experience college in a college town.

And BTW, Palm Beach County probably has way more agriculture (and probably more cows) - at least it used to - than Pike County, Ala.

Back to the top

Bmarkey,

With all respect to you and Troy, I hope FAU gets him. This might be the QB FAU is being given for losing Billy Lowe. His friend says he is a very good QB. Until I hear otherwise, I'll believe him.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

He is better than Billy Lowe. I would have loved to get Billy in here but after losing him to NIU, the last thing I wanted to highlight was there are better FLA prospects out there who may contribute quicker than Billy would have. I avoided it because it would have come off as sore losers at FAU. Not knocking Billy but it would have taken time for him to adapt to FAU's passing system. It's more than handing off to two of the BEST RB's in the state like he did at Lakeland. Lakeland's RB Chris Rainey will probably win player of the year this year.
Through no fault of Billy's, passing was not his first priority. His running ability and hand-offs were really his assignments with an occasional pass that went for big yardage after the catch. Lakeland didn't throw a lot.

BTW..that's not whining. Just pointing out some facts.
Back to the top

Before this thread takes on a life all it's own I've heard it from a reliable source that there are no set plans to transfer. The subject came up and it just went on from there. He is still enroll at Troy.

Back to the top

On the hopefull side, I would think he is not going to leave Troy until he has somewhere else to go. So you would expect to see him still enrolled there.

Back to the top

Larry Grant posted on the Troy board that Jason is staying at Troy.

This is not true. One of Jason's former high school teammates posted it being funny and to stir the pot.

Back to the top

so faubigtimefootball is not an FAU student? Or is he and just wanted to pull a joke on his own college? Thats going a bit overboard for a joke.

I checked the Troy roster. He is listed as a true freshman. Not a red shirt.

Back to the top

I don't know the motivation.

It has been mentioned on the Troy board that he was red-shirted. He ran the scout team offense, which reportedly gave the pretty stout defense a run for its money.

Back to the top
Control functions: