Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Is Howard doing it the right way?

Read the post from USF94.

3rd year of program, D-1AA championship semi finals.
First victory against D-1A opponent, quickest in a start up program in history.
9-3 season in 4th year with majority D-1A opponents.

I'm not sure where that idea came from unless he is just trying to appease Devon Freeman's mother who is concerned about the exodus of coaches at FIU.

I think that is a pretty weird comment to make about a coach that has a national championship under his belt. Not to mention numerous major bowl victories and top QB recruits like Jim Kelly. FIUFanatic will be here telling us that I misunderstood what the guy was trying to say.

http://fiuathleticscom.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1140749639

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Illinoisowl..please don't get an ulcer from these board comments. You know what they say about people and opinions. Well double that phrase when it comes to anonymous posters on message boards. It just ain't worth it.. ;)

USF and almost EVERY school will take shots at FAU because of Coach Howard. The sad part is that some don't remember when he coached UM,OU and UL. They just read or hear about his past reputation and take it from there. That's the nature of the competitive game. We know what we have in-house and what he has accomplished. This man's track record speaks for itself. If the USF fan have a little knowledge of football he also knows what Coach Howard has accomplished. So arguing about it with him won't change his mind.

His last part about lying to recruits..well I can quote some things that USF's Jim Leavitt and his staff told his recruits back in 1996 and '97! I can also quote some things the staff LIED about to local Tampa recruits back in '99, 2000 and 2001! Or we can talk about his DE Terrance "Big Country" Royal embarrassing his HEAD coach so bad on ESPN that the announcers took bets on if he would go back in the game! He was right back in there. What does this have to do with anything? Nothing. Just goes to show that even the mighty USF coaches has their faults. Your house ain't that clean Bull fan.

The bottom line is that we have been successful on the field. He can't deny that part of his "facts". No matter how hard people focus on last year's team and try to slant it.

He need to worry about his neighbor to the East on I-4. UCF may be gaining on them.
Back to the top

OG,

This past 2-9 year will only go away with a good 2006 season. 2005 would have really, really closed much better if Embick hadn't gotten injured. FIU might have still beaten FAU but it would have been a closer score. That is old news now.
FIU is riding high on their 5-6 season. Lets see how they do replacing all of their 5 year seniors this coming season.

I would think Howard knew well in advance he was going to run into the 2005 season experience shortfall. He's been there before.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

It is old news. He knew what was coming just like most of the FAU fans. I've said on here so many times that I personally had them going 3-8 last year. So I was off by one win. The outside "experts" had them at 0-11.
But that's why coach prepared this years team by drafting the class he recruited in 2003! Everyone knew we'd be losing key players. They are now RS and sophs/juniors. That will make a difference.

Back to USF the fan. When their game w/FIU get closer, other USF fans may not be so kind. I've seen some nasty comments about both FAU and FIU on USF's board over the years including this past season. The main issue is that he is giving FIU their much deserved compliments but has to belittle another person or program in order to do it. FIU didn't take the shot at FAU. It was the USF94 fan.

Here's a news break for the USF fan since he's talking about on-field accomplishments. USF will be lower to middle of the pack in the Big East for awhile. Why? They also have to replace key players. Their roster is filled with players who were recruited to play in C-USA. The Big East is a BIGGER jump in talent. Therefore they have to upgrade in order to compete. They started last year by running off a lot of players for many different reasons.
I wonder what was told to those displaced players when they were first recruited by Levitt? Hmmm….

BTW..Don't let the win vs Louisville fool you. All the stars were perfectly aligned that day against Louisville PLUS they probably took USF lightly. However, reality kicked in for USF down in Miami vs the Canes. This year's game vs the 'Ville will get very interesting.
Back to the top

USF has had down years and most teams do and FAU's season last years was to be expected, heck nobody believed we would win ANY games last years because of all the senior we had lost the previous year.

Plus, all these lies or should we be more politically correct, forgive me for typing that, and say RUMORS that may have started on the WWW could just be that rumors that opposing teams maybe using against us.
Anybody that has followed Schenllenberger knows that he speaks his mind and most time his words are taken out of context and are twisted for whatever purpose the misinformed individuals may want to do with those words - which can easily be done and we all have seen this done by not only the media, but likewise again misinformed posters, these things can have a life of their own and grow out of controll - leaving us wondering what is the real truth.

Recruiting is like dealing with a Salesman, because that is their job, is sale the School and Program to any recruit willing to listen and we all have dealt with salesman in one form or another so lets not be naive or surprised as to what may or may not happen behind closed doors between the Recruiter and Recruitee.

I can re-post an article that was printed on ESPN Magazine before FAU even had a hanger for the jocks straps and the Vision Howard had - everything he had say has come true in one form of another within the first four years of the inception of the program, except the Stadium. The Vision is still intact and the plans are in place, there are many details we do not know about concerning the Stadium and many of us What to know, but the facts remain that the project is moving forward regardless of what appears to be like nothing is happening, this is a huge undertaking and a lot of effort has been spent already - it will get done, because Howard says so. The guy has the Golden touch with one hell of a Dream.
Back to the top

Nice post Bytor. Instead of taking that route myself I went into the "universal dirt bin" and found a few USF tidbits to throw out.

Thanks for bringing it full circle. 8-)

Back to the top

Yea what Bytor said ;D
Back to the top

I like the quote
"usf94, you are an uncommon example of a good sport. We're use to UM and FAU fans down here. They usually spew venom towards FIU. I don't mind it. It comes with the territory of being a fan. Nevertheless, it's refreshing to hear such a balanced and unbiased opinion from a fan of another program. In end, I agree with devonsmom, I hope Devon runs wild on your defense. Other than that, good luck." :P

especially the part balanced and inbiased, To make a dumb ass statment that at least he will get a free education and I think the football part had some of Devon interest and the coach's. Ole 94 sounds like he is trying to plant a seed for Devon to leave FIU and go to USF. Read between the lines.
Back to the top

Last time I checked, USF had not won one single Big East basketball game.
Back to the top

So what great accomplishments has the infamous USF94 that makes him the authority on weather Coach Schnell is not keeping his promises. Just more BULL coming from a BULL.
Back to the top
Control functions: