Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

S Corey Silcox

Add topic

Im really starting to think that us not getting him was a big mistake. I saw him the other day at a basketball game and he is quiet a speciman. He has really toned up. He is only 17 and it looks like he hit a growth spurt. I would say he is about 6' 205 right now and people in the stands were saying that he has been outrunning Chance Attaway who is a 4.4 guy. I think he will be on the field when we play Troy.
Back to the top

S Corey Silcox

It would have been nice for sure and I pretty sure everyone on this board was hoping for the same thing.
Back to the top

S Corey Silcox

Why didnt he go to FAU? How good was he in high school?
Back to the top

S Corey Silcox

He seemed like a nice young man when he was visiting this site. Most of us really wanted him to sign here.

So many different scenarios go into recruiting so it's any body's guess as to why he wasn't offered by FAU and will walk on at Troy.
Back to the top

S Corey Silcox

He was very good in high school, Tough player and yes he would have been good for FAU. He lives very close to Troy and I'm sure that played into it a little. Hey who knows maybe he'll change his mind call Coach come on down.
Back to the top

S Corey Silcox

Corey posted this on the Troy board:

Through this whole process my family has been a big part of my decision. From the beginning I have always loved Troy's family atmosphere. Me and my family felt more comfortable with the area and coaches at Troy. I also feel more comfortable knowing that they will only have to drive an hour and a half rather than 10+.

I told him that if he wasn't going to Troy, I hoped he would sign at FAU.

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3706

Back to the top

S Corey Silcox

Apparently he made a choice that's a good fit regarding driving distance. Family and friend's support are big for 17-18 year old 1st year players.
It's even more of a necessity if he has to red shirt.

Good luck again in your career Corey.

FYI..South Beach Boi,
FAU have some nice returning LB's and SS lined up from last year who played and was red shirted. One returning LB may even move back to SS.

The Spring will tell. I wouldn't worry too much about lacking in those departments.
Back to the top

S Corey Silcox

To Corey Silcox - If you still check in on this board - I think I can say once again that everyone wishes you good luck at Troy, we'll only be against you when we play you, or if it helps us in the Sunbelt Conference Championship.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

S Corey Silcox

S Corey Silcox

In honor of Mardi Gras and my Louisiana Roots and Cory's future

C'est le vi & le bon temps rouler
Back to the top

S Corey Silcox

I also like the fact that he just went about his business after he didn't sign with FAU. Apparently they wanted him to play a different position and he wanted something else. He didn't grip or trash talk the organization. He just opened his recruiting files and said….NEXT!
Maybe he will earn that walk-on scholly at Troy. Seems like he have the patience.
Back to the top