Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Add topic

Will post the final draft next month after the official announcement with the 12th game.

Florida Atlantic (Sun Belt)

9/2 Sat @ Clemson
9/9 Sat @ Kansas State
9/16 Sat @ Oklahoma State
9/23 Sat @ South Carolina
9/30 Sat @ *Louisiana-Monroe
10/14 Sat vs. *Louisiana-Lafayette
10/28 Sat vs. *Arkansas State
11/4 Sat @ *Middle Tennessee State
11/11 Sat vs. *Troy
11/18 Sat @ *North Texas
11/25 Sat vs. *Florida International @ Miami, FL
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

When did they change this? The last I heard they were opening with usc and clemson. I thought I even heard Howard mention that recently. Of course my interest here is both of those games are only about 3 hours away from here.
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Page 2 of the FAU Future Schedule thread has the article. It was published down here in the Sun Sentinel. Spurrier and USC wanted the game moved.
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

With four straight road games to begin the season reminds me of 2004 season - five road games to start the season and we started 5-0 ;D if we pull that off Howard still does have some majic left in him :o

Clemson should be a very tough place for our guys to play - that could be a trip worth making.
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Those first games are brutal! I'm thinking about the Clemson game too. I have family all throughout the state who I haven't seen in decades.. :-[

Including Charleston, Columbia and Manning.
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Since they split the Clemson and USC games up we are going to both. That is probably the only good thing about the date changes
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

I remember asking this question last year when the schedule came out…What's the consensus on which of those two schools (Clemson vs USC) make a better road trip from South Florida? Some of my friends and I are gonna make one of those games but we aren't sure which one to go to. Any opinions?
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

IMHO Spurrier vs Schnellingberger makes for some good ESPN chatter.
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Clemson vs. Columbia for a road trip. I don't know much about the campus activities, but if you are into the bar scene, Columbia is the winner. I can't remember what they call it, but they have a couple block strip of bars and restaurants that will be jamming on Friday night before the game and Saturday night after the game.

Plus, it is the state capital. You could drive by and see the controversial confederate flag at the State House. For you who went to Greenville in 2002 for the basketball game, you will remember the demonstration outside of the Bi-Lo Center against the flag.
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

I'm a season ticket holder for Wake Forest football. It's worth it. $80 a ticket, I get to see some good ACC teams come to town, and I can show up an hour before the game and park within a couple hundred yards of the stadium. They're playing Syracuse the day of FAU's Clemson game, so I'm not sure what I will do on that day, but I will definitely be at the USC game.
Back to the top
Control functions: