Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SunBelt Predictions for 2006

All Teams and predictions for this year.
Read on:
http://www.collegefootballnews.com/sun_belt/2006_Pages/SunBelt_Team_Schedule.htm

Notice that we are listed as having the TOUGHEST SCHEDULE in the Belt this year!

Posted on the right side of the page….

Toughest schedules
Based on home games as well as who the teams play.
1. Florida Atlantic
2. MTSU
3. North Texas
4. Troy
5. UL Monroe
6. FIU
7. Arkansas State
8. UL Lafayette
Back to the top

We seem to be given a chance this year in the SB conference to win a game. That's an improvement from where they sit. They bumped up our chances to 3 games from 0 wins last year.

My take? I have us winning 4(very possibly 5) games this year.

I'll revise my pick after watching a couple of practices and the Spring Game.. 8-)
Back to the top

I know FAU has a tough schedule, but could there be a tougher one that Troy's - SunBelt plus FSU, Ga. Tech, Nebraska and UAB?
Back to the top

Observing others SBC schedules and how they scheduled their OCC games and it brings up an interest thing. Would it be more beneficial to spread our very tough OCC games in between our SBC games or just the way it is. Looking at FIU for example, would this help break-up that tough strecth and make it easier on the players not only physically, but mentally.
Back to the top

Bytor has a very good point, you end up beating the hell out of the players and making it tougher for the second half of the season.
Back to the top

Good point about spreading the games out over the season. But the general theme among coaches is the injury factor late in the season during "unnecessary OOC games". Conference games are more important so they put more emphasis on having all the players healthy during that late season run. Therefore any early season injuries may have cleared up by conference play.
Back to the top

any word on the 1AA game? Too bad we couldn't get a buffalo/army/temple to come to lockhart.
Back to the top

I'd love to play one of those teams, or any other team from the MAC would be just fine. To get a win against a non-conference I-A team (I don't care who it is) would be great!!
Back to the top

I can see benefits of getting all those tough OCC games out of the way early, besides the injury bug - it does allow for more continuity during the season when conference play does start, it was interesting how some of the other SBC teams spread some of there tough OCC games. I suppose it all comes down to how the players are prepared to handle that tough strecth at the beginning of the season.

Thats not a bad idea about playing a Buffulo, Temple or an Army - all teams in the bottom 10, could help us get off that *&%# list once and for all.
Back to the top
Control functions: