Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

b-ball recruits...

Add topic

Here's a blog from fau sports about some new comers. Its not much but worth a read.

the guy from niagara was hyped up pretty well but didn't do much. I saw a list that Florida's top 100, Carlos Monroe was 26 and this guy was 57.

I'm still hoping we score Stuartdo Boloando (???)

So far Hugley and Parmer seem to be the best big names of the class. It's good too that they play together now so its less of a transistion next year.

With juniors-to-be Derrick Simmons (4.3 ppg, 55.6% field goals) and Ty McTyer (35 assists, 20 steals), the Owls have seven returnees whose contributions should be significant in 2006-07. In addition, Doherty is looking for immediate contributions from a recruiting class that is six strong.

"Tavarus Harris at Palm Beach Community College may be one of the quickest players I will have coached. A natural leader, a high-energy talker. To have a point guard that talks will be very beneficial.

"Eni Cuka, a transfer from Niagara, is originally from Turkey. He is a combo guard that really has a good feel for the game. Then, we have Jeff Parmer, a 6-7, 6-8 forward from PBCC who can really pass, handle and shoot the ball. He's one of the best passing big guys I have seen and he can shoot the three.

"Avery Holley from Eli High School (Pompano Beach, Fla.) is small - about 5-8 - but is a true point guard; he is quick as heck. Xavier Perkins (Boca Raton, Fla./Olympic Heights High School) played in the state championship game this season, and Sanchez Hughley (Orlando, Fla./Lyman High School) played in the state tournament as well.

"Tavarus and Jeff are playing in the junior college state tournament. It is good that the players we have coming in are good players that are in winning programs, so we are excited about that."

Those winning players will be joining a program that proved it can win in 2005-06. That speaks of a tradition being built and a bright future for Florida Atlantic men's basketball.

Back to the top

b-ball recruits...

Exit39 said

Here's a blog from fau sports about some new comers. Its not much but worth a read.

the guy from niagara was hyped up pretty well but didn't do much. I saw a list that Florida's top 100, Carlos Monroe was 26 and this guy was 57.

I'm still hoping we score Stuartdo Boloando (???)

So far Hugley and Parmer seem to be the best big names of the class. It's good too that they play together now so its less of a transistion next year.

With juniors-to-be Derrick Simmons (4.3 ppg, 55.6% field goals) and Ty McTyer (35 assists, 20 steals), the Owls have seven returnees whose contributions should be significant in 2006-07. In addition, Doherty is looking for immediate contributions from a recruiting class that is six strong.

"Tavarus Harris at Palm Beach Community College may be one of the quickest players I will have coached. A natural leader, a high-energy talker. To have a point guard that talks will be very beneficial.

"Eni Cuka, a transfer from Niagara, is originally from Turkey. He is a combo guard that really has a good feel for the game. Then, we have Jeff Parmer, a 6-7, 6-8 forward from PBCC who can really pass, handle and shoot the ball. He's one of the best passing big guys I have seen and he can shoot the three.

"Avery Holley from Eli High School (Pompano Beach, Fla.) is small - about 5-8 - but is a true point guard; he is quick as heck. Xavier Perkins (Boca Raton, Fla./Olympic Heights High School) played in the state championship game this season, and Sanchez Hughley (Orlando, Fla./Lyman High School) played in the state tournament as well.

"Tavarus and Jeff are playing in the junior college state tournament. It is good that the players we have coming in are good players that are in winning programs, so we are excited about that."

Those winning players will be joining a program that proved it can win in 2005-06. That speaks of a tradition being built and a bright future for Florida Atlantic men's basketball.

Anyone know anything about Eni Cuka, other than he has the best name in FAU basketball history?
Back to the top

b-ball recruits...

Lyman High School is in Longwood - not even in the same county as Orlando.
Back to the top

b-ball recruits...

b-ball recruits...

In the article of 2006 recruits on the FAU web site football page, Avery Holley is listed at 6'.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

b-ball recruits...

I wonder if any of these sports guys do any honest reporting any more. The Internet just magnifies and perpetuates the errors.
Back to the top
Control functions: