Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lady Owls Dance Game on TV

Add topic

ESPN2 is supposed to show the game at 2 p.m. Saturday. I hope so.

Does anyone have any further info?

My daughter and the FAU band landed in Nashville around 10:30 a.m. with the cheerleaders and dance team. They flew straight from Fort Lauderdale. They're excited about this historic opportunity for FAU.

I'm sure they are going to have a blast in the music city tonight and tomorrow. If FAU wins, they get to stay over Sunday and play again on Monday!

All expenses are apparently being paid by the NCAA, including daily per diem.

The TV schedule is at:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/ncaatourney06/news/story?id=2370841

All the games can be seen online (if they are not on TV). The schedule is at:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncb/fullcourt/index#schedule
Back to the top

Obviously as you can see, you may not get to see all the game on ESPN2 unless you have the satellite package and can see it on ESPNU.

The ESPN2 coverage is wrap-around so the games will be interrupted periodically by other games going on at the same time.
Back to the top

From what I understand, ESPN operates the same as CBS. That is they dont do the wraparound if the team is from your own state. Here in Florida we were guaranteed to see the whole Gator game yesterday and again tomorrow. They do not switch away from Florida even if the game is not competitive as yesterdays Gator blowout wasnt. Since FAU is a state team and there are no other Florida schools playing at the same time, you should be able to see the whole game(minus the occasional look-in if another game has a buzzer-beater).
Back to the top

Good news.

I believe the Florida-South Ala. game was tight until the second part of the second half.

Back to the top

Hi all. I am here in Nashville and having a blast. We (the band, cheerleaders and dance team) all took a bus (at 6am) to the Ft Lauderdale airport and when we got on the plane the pilot announced that there were "special guests" on board……and then said who we were and why we were going to Nashville. I was very cool. The hotel is very nice and is decored in the lobby and elevators w/ FAU stuff and the staff is wearing FAU shirts!!!! Too cool!!!! We have spent all day walking around and having a blast…..now time for dinner and nightlife!!! Then off to the tourney tomorrow and gonna try our best to get a win.

The band gets everything paid for by the NCAA and we even get "per diem" money for food. We got $30 today and another $30 tomorrow.

Wish us luck and hopefully we can pull off an upset!

GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!!

~Daphne

AEA
Back to the top

Thanks for the report Daphne. It sounds like fun. 8-)
We will be watching back here in Florida.

Here's a memo from the Ath Department:

Dear Owl Fans,

The women's basketball team will play LSU tomorrow at 2:30 pm in the first round of the NCAA tournament. For those of us who couldn't make the trip to Nashville, TN to watch in person, we will be gathering at Duffy's Sports Grill on St. Andrews behind the Town Center Mall. Please join us as we cheer on our Owls.

Back to the top

Make sure you take some good picks to share with us that aren't able to go.
Back to the top

Thats too cool. I hope they bring back the enthusiasm and team spirit with them to the campus.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Daphne you all have done a terrific job this year and Illinoisowl is right about bringing back the spirit. You guys lost your director and kept on crank-in out the sounds. Keep it up
By the way have they found an new director and is the band still growing?
Back to the top

They have just started the process of finding a new director. We hope the band will keep going. We are having a blast, when ever we see the players around we cheer and the coach saw us in the lobby and we all wished her good luck. About 20 of us just went to the Hard Rock for dinner and the waitress asked us to sing our fight song so we did really loud, and the whole restaurant clapped and asked us where we were from. There will be plenty of pictures.

~Daphne

AEA
Back to the top
Control functions: