Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU Med school

Add topic

FIU has been approved

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FIU Med school

That is Big for FIU and IMO really help there program and university tremendously. Just like the Jeffersons Movin on UP. Congrats FIU on your New Med school. It is very obvious your community supports your institution and its future.
Back to the top

FIU Med school

I would not be the least bit surprised to see FAU's 4 year program turn into a medical school after a teaching hospital is built RIGHT ON THE CAMPUS!!!

I believe I read that the hospital will be finished by 2011. That is probably why Brogan was so anxious to get Scripps settled.

I just read Brogans address to the university from Sept 2005. He does hint that the 4 year medical program will become a full med school complete with an on-campus teaching hospital. Like everything else, we have to wait. Once the hospital is on campus, that is the next logical step.

I know Brogan really wants the best for FAU. I would really like to see it get the hell out of a tier IV rating.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FIU Med school

illinoisowl said

FIU has been approved
It does still need the funding to be approved, and I'm sure all the other medical schoools in Florida will point out that the money for a medical school at UCF and FIU could be spent to establish more residency programs within the state that would give our state more doctors quicker. We already have several hundred medical students a year in this state who have to go out of state for different residency programs that this state just doesn't have enough spots for.
http://www.palmbeachpo…24/m1a_MEDSKULS_0324.html
Back to the top

FIU Med school

FIU Med school

I believe they have the contributions needed to fund the program. The Post's write up wasn't very forgiving. Check out The Herald, and the Sun Sentinel
Back to the top

FIU Med school

We are very excited…thanks for the kind words. As far as the Post's article, remember the writer and paper were against FIU's Medical School in an editorial, thus their slant is more negative than positive.

The Board of Governors resolution calls for a "comprehensive solution" to residency programs, by expanding current programs in the shorter run, and awarding two new Medical Schools to UCF and FIU for the longer run. The article, writer, fails to acknowledge that students that go to a Med School and do residency in Florida (both) have stayed in Florida in 79% of the times based on a study presented. That is very different from what is reported in the article.

Also, adding more residency related to current Med Schoosl has a limit, which is where the two new programs will help push Florida closer to the top standards in the nation.
Back to the top
Control functions: