Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU roughed up by N.Florida 13-3

Add topic

N.Florida won the series with a 13-3 blowout win today at Jacksonville. Tyler Stevens went 2 for 3 with 2RBI's for FAU but that was pretty much the only good that came from FAU's side as 8 pitchers were used for the Owls as they struggled to stop the Osprey offense.

FAU is now 13-14 and 3-6 in the ASUN on the year. Were only halfway through the season, but if the season ended today FAU would actually not qualify for the ASUN tournament as the bottom three teams stay home and we are in the bottom 3.
Lets hope FAU can get a solid win against Harvard to build up confidence for the weekend, because Campbell is coming in and we desperately need conference wins and we wont get many better opportunities than playing Campbell at home.
Back to the top

Someone better email, call the university. It is listed as a "W" on the baseball schedule. When I saw this post I was a bit startled because I had just looked at the score.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I believe we would still qualify as UNF and KSU should not be eligible for post season play this year. They are still in their transition years between Division I and II so they cannot participate in the A-Sun tournaments.

I know that doesn't help much but maybe it will get us through the injuries in a way that we can qualify and then make some noise in the A-Sun Tournament with hopefully a healthy squad at years end.
Back to the top

Sadly I was already taking that into account sportsparadise, the top 6 go to the tourney, and we have 11 teams in the conference, but if you take out N.Fla and KSU we have 9 leaving home 3. Lets hope next weekend we can try to move up in the standings. It could be worse we could be Stetson-they are also 3-6 and dont have the injuries we do-so whats their excuse? We were overwhelming picked 1st and 2nd in the conference but now both will have to fight to make it to Deland for the tourney. Can you imagine how badly the tournaments attendance will be killed if Stetson stays home from their own hosted tournament? Yikes!
Back to the top

Thanks for clarifying. That would be bad news for Stetson. Hopefully our Owls can pull it together.
Back to the top
Control functions: