Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BMarkey..Dothan air base

We stayed at the Comfort Inn (apprx 15 min so of Troy)when we went up for the Troy game. I can't remember what town but it was just outside of Troy on 231(?).
Does it ring a bell?

If yes, how far is that from Dothan's air base? I know Map Quest may answer my question but someone in real time is always better.

Thanks
Back to the top

BMarkey..Dothan air base

OG Owl,

You stayed in Ozark AL. It is about 30-35 minutes from Dothan and the airport.
Back to the top

BMarkey..Dothan air base

Thanks for the info owlontheprowl.

A family member of one of Troy's RB may be transferring to the area and we may hook up later in the year for a game.
Back to the top

BMarkey..Dothan air base

That was probably Ozark, 20-25 miles south of Troy, a town about the size of Troy but without a college. The next major town south on 231 is Dothan, whose airport is just east of 231 on the north side of the city and is very convenient albeit small.

Troy has a decent number of motels but they are difficult to get into on football weekends.

I'm not sure about an air base in Dothan. Perhaps you are referring to Fort Rucker in nearby Enterprise (northwest of Dothan and west of Ozark)? The chopper pilots roar over Troy all the time. Pretty neat to see. One of the Blackhawks landed in the tailgate area near the stadium at Homecoming and the pilot welcomed people aboard.

So, you are planning to come to a Troy game? Let me know what weekend you plan to come and I can probably set you up with some nice seats - maybe even in the Stadium Club (great outdoor seats in the upper deck, inside club area with unlimited food, drink, lockers for the hard stuff, wide-screen TVs with the Troy and other games on and more). Try to stay in Troy, though, in particular at the Hampton Inn. The Comfort Inn and a couple of others are good, too.

Back to the top

BMarkey..Dothan air base

BMarkey..Dothan air base

He did say Rucker was the name of the base. He's not sure of the assignment yet but he mentioned that he'd like to go to a few games. I'll wait and see which one(s) if any, that he can attend.

I appreciate the offer for the seat set up. I'll let you know later when I find out.

Thanks
Back to the top
Control functions: