Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2006 football season

Lets see what the fans think about the upcoming season.

this was as many choices as the system allows. I couldn't include 11 or 12. I probably should have started at 7 or 8.

If you chose something ridiculous like none, one or two, you have to leave a message so we know who you are.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

2006 football season

2006 football season

I think the reality is somewhere between 4 and depending on the remaining game, an outside possibility of 8. I would be happy with a strong showing in the Sun with shot at winning it within sites towards the end of the season. The following year nothing but the Sunbelt Champioship would be sufficient.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

2006 football season

FAU's team of 5th year seniors played better than FIU's. Not many mistakes. Took advantage of the other teams mistakes. That win in Hawaii was tremendous. They came together as a team and that never seemed to materialize with FIU.

I'm hoping Howards coaches will do their magic again this year with this group of kids. The only coach I am concerned about is the intern that replaced the coach that retired. He is a bit limited in his experience.

Back to the top

2006 football season

Despite high hopes, I still see this as a rebuilding season. I think four wins is a reasonable choice with 5 or 6 a possibility. Like last year, injuries will in large part determine the outcome of the season. If the team can stay healthy through the brutal non-conference schedule there should be a chance to have a .500 season or better. However, I don't think FAU can make it through Clemson, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and South Carolina without getting banged up. I wish them the best. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

2006 football season

We had heard a rumor that Stetson Wilson would not be returning. I just read a news article saying he was dismissed by Howard.

Back to the top

2006 football season

Yes we did discuss previously about Stetson leaving the team. He was not happy with the constant changing of positions. Sometimes during the game on offense and defense. Maybe his displeasure was shown as a bad attitude. I don't know.

We'll miss his bulk.
Back to the top

2006 football season

someone from FIU must have voted none.

Back to the top

2006 football season

haha ;D
Back to the top

2006 football season

FIUFanatic said

haha ;D