Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Spring drills

Spring drills

Has or is anyone going over to watch spring drills today?

If yes, please keep us posted.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Spring drills

seriously, i could really use someone with a wireless laptop providing us updates every hour!
Back to the top

Spring drills

Bytor usually can fit it into his VERY busy schedule..(hint, hint) and give us updates. :)
Back to the top

Spring drills

TeamBeer said

seriously, i could really use someone with a wireless laptop providing us updates every hour!

I believe you and your roomy both have one AND your new office isn't too far from campus! :o
Back to the top

Spring drills

a small good report but a good report none the less

http://fausports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032906aaa.html

Back to the top

Spring drills

Is this graduate assistant turned coach any good? He has little playing experience in college. 2 years. Of course no pro experience. What the word on him?

Back to the top

Spring drills

I heard he's not to bad for a youngin
Back to the top

Spring drills

I won't be able to make all spring practices, but will make an effort to make a few during the week, including Sat. and will surely report to back to the crew.

Here are some Blogs from Marcus Nelson at the Post:

By Marcus Nelson | Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spring football drills prepare college football teams for the upcoming season so this is perfect time to begin a blog on FAU football to get ready for two-a-day practices in August. Yes, spring practice can sometimes be boring, but they are a signal that the upcoming season isn?t too far away. That?s why I hope to make the blog exciting with some insights from the spring drills for the 2006 version of Florida Atlantic.

By the time FAU?s spring game rolls around, fans will almost be counting down the days until opening day. Since that opener is Sept. 2 at Clemson, maybe looking forward to opening night is not such a good idea for Owls fans. But that?s six months away, so it?s definitely time to get spring practice underway.
I?ll update here soon after each practice ends.

By Marcus Nelson | Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Spirited First Day

The words ?intense? and ?first day of spring practice? should never be in the same sentence, but there was some enthusiasm as the Owls began their spring drills on Wednesday.

The players weren?t in pads, but the offensive line had a fairly physical period of working on agility that was impressive.

With no contact the Owls also had the chance to work on 7-on-7 drills.

?It was inspiring,? FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger said.

Schnellenberger also said he was impressed with McKinson Souverain?s arm as the quarterback battle began.

The Owls will practice Friday before donning pads for the first time Saturday.

Back to the top

Spring drills

And from the Post:

Owls, 'Noles, Gators work out
By Marcus Nelson

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Thursday, March 30, 2006

BOCA RATON ? When Florida Atlantic went through its first day of spring drills Wednesday, it looked more like a final practice before the season opener.

Or at least it sounded that way.

Coaches were yelling and players were jawing at each other more than expected for the first day of spring practice. There was no easing into the spring.

The Owls don't put on pads until Saturday, but several agility drills resulted in some shoving long after the whistle.

"There was some pushing going on," said offensive lineman Brandon Jackson.

Jackson and fullback Aaron Sanchez missed last season with injuries but have made their return to the practice fields.

"It's good to be around my teammates and seeing their attitude," Jackson said. "We have a family atmosphere out here."

Jackson was a starter before suffering a torn meniscus in last year's pre-season training camp.

Sanchez, now a senior, missed last season with a sore thigh and an ankle injury.

The Owls' quarterback derby began with junior Sean Clayton, sophomore McKinson Souverain and redshirt freshman Rusty Smith all getting work.

Coach Howard Schnellenberger said he was impressed with Souverain, an Atlantic High graduate, who played sparingly last season.

"I thought McKinson looked better today throwing than he has before," Schnellenberger said.

A [email protected]

Back to the top

Spring drills

That McKinson quote almost sounds like one from last years spring.. :-X
Back to the top
Control functions: