Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lockhart Stadium

I know it's still 5+ months away but does anyone have any information on the lights at Lockhart. I work in the area and went by yesterday and there are still no poles set up for lights and no work going on at the stadium.

For the home opener on Wednesday night since it's going to be on ESPN2 I guess they would bring in lights like they did at the Hurricane game last year. Does this mean the rest of the home games at Lockhart are early games?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Lockhart Stadium

I heard last year from a friend of mine that lives near there that they weren't planning on doing anything to Lockhart till they knew what the city was going to do with the Baseball Teams facelift and expansion. I think they even had something in the paper last year about that even before the hurricane. The cost versus tearing it down for expansion wasn't feasible or something like that. I know there were some post on here also
Back to the top

Lockhart Stadium

Broward County is just twiddling their thumbs right now about Baseball and the stadium. Your guess is as good as anybody's regarding the lighting. Remember that the 4PM games also needed lights by the game's end.

Who knows. FAU may have to fit the bill to play there.
Back to the top

Lockhart Stadium

Lockhart Stadium

What I don't undersatnd is that you have a tennant that requires Lights, wouldn't you be required to supply them their needs and would't that be part of the lease - then again the City could propably careless of losing FAU as a tenant, especially if those renovations become a priority for them.

It may also be more cost effective to provide temp. lighting for the four home games - then to repair them.
Back to the top

Lockhart Stadium

I think Dusky's right…They will end up renting the portable lights like the ones they used post Wilma at the Orange Bowl.
It will help add to the "Ghetto Fabulous" high school feel of our games. ;D
Back to the top

Lockhart Stadium

Don't forget, the city uses also Lockhart Stadium for high school football games on Thursday and Fridays so there are a lot more than four FAU games that will be played there this season. Plus that means they have to have the lights in place by mid August to accomodate the pre-season jamborees.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: