Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU is too happy

I went on FIU's message board at

http://fiuathleticscom.proboards20.com/index.cgi

and it looks like they are getting a little bit too over confident and happy after their lucky win last year and getting approved for a new medical School.
Back to the top

FIU is too happy

What's interesting is that before that final game last year - the talk was that Strock needed to go, their AD needed to go, etc………… A fire sale was needed.

One win over FAU and just like taking a new drug that seem to cure all the ills, every thing is fine in Panther land.

I still like the fact that we have two, yes count them two winning seasons :o 8-) compared to FIU, none, yes a big fat zero in that column.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

FIU is too happy

Strock and Mello's head was on their chopping block for awhile. Now all is forgiven. They are a happy bunch this time around. I have to say that I like the enthusiasm on their board. We have to remember that this is an improvement for FIU. They had some struggles for a few years and now it looks like they may be turning the corner. They do have some talent on the squad. They lost some very winnable games the last two seasons so it looks very promising for them right now. So any type of improvements should be reasons to celebrate.
They have made major strides on the field.

But I like to look at it this way. Some at FIU has gauged their win vs FAU as a major turning point in their quest for football success. That's a compliment for FAU in any way you slice it, considering we're only a year older than they are.

Let's just don't make it a habit of LENDING them our Shula Trophy.. ;D
Back to the top

FIU is too happy

Speaking of ADs, I don't think Angelos gets mentioned enough. I think he's doing a great job. That fact BYU was interested in him and he stayed at FAU says alot. I think the coaches at FAU right now are great. The women's programs have some exceptional coaches.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FIU is too happy

FIU is too happy

Our coaches are the best! They have the experience and the WINNING track record to prove it. Our AD and Prez is second to none. Who better to have in your corner than Fmr LT Gov Frank Brogan? He still have ties in Tally folks. The Scripp deal should have hinted at his power.. ;)

Then there is Angelos. The man has been working behind the scene to keep the FAU internals working smoothly. Don't let the on field record from last year blindside anyone. He have us on a fast track to success by scheduling the right type of games. He and Coach Schnelly will take a lot into account before stepping off the curb. Angelos loves his job and before he leaves this place I'm betting he will be remembered by doing something really big!
Back to the top

FIU is too happy

Not to take away from FIU and what they have done, especially last year, which for them was a turning the corner type of moment - anytime you can string a few wins together is an accomplishment that can be build on - what I didn't like was the fact that one moment the coaching staff was not getting it done and should be fired and the next they are the greatest thing around - I am sure that they also have great coaches roaming the side lines, but as fans we tend to lose focus of the overall scheme.

FIU fans may take offense and that is OK - I would be rather ignorant not to acknowledge the fact that they do have great athletes as well. IMO, both institution have great potential to grow their programs - we are both taking different routes and you can't judge the success either one is having in the short term of things, with only a minimal years of existance for each programs. I would rather look back in 10,15 and 20 years - then again who define success, if each school have different goals? It then would fall to the perception of each University and fans to determine what success is.

Some schools are happy to just go to a bowl game - that determines a succesful season to them, others is just to win a game, while other having a .500 season, blah, blah, blah…. you get the jist.

I just want the Shula back !!
Back to the top

FIU is too happy

>:( ::)To refer back to the 3 Goals thread, 500+ 1st, then Shula by a very close 2nd (Bytor, you might be right in switching those). I like to check in on the FIU board once in a while and it's nice to see them energized due to last year but the truth is for their senior year it wasn't all that great. They hung in a few games they had a shot at but it's quite obvious they are yet at our level.

It was our youngest class versus their Senior class class last year and they finally won one. I know this will ruffle some feathers (FIUnatic) but the truth hurts sometimes.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FIU is too happy

Bytor said

I just want the Shula back !!

We all can relate to this one… 8-)
Back to the top

FIU is too happy

dusky256fc said

>:( ::)To refer back to the 3 Goals thread, 500+ 1st, then Shula by a very close 2nd (Bytor, you might be right in switching those). I like to check in on the FIU board once in a while and it's nice to see them energized due to last year but the truth is for their senior year it wasn't all that great. They hung in a few games they had a shot at but it's quite obvious they are yet at our level.

It was our youngest class versus their Senior class class last year and they finally won one. I know this will ruffle some feathers (FIUnatic) but the truth hurts sometimes.

Then you probably saw a couple of my posts over there when I responded to someone's comment that his 86 year old grandmother could beat FAU. I pretty much said what you did. It was a frosh, soph team that got beaten by seniors. And the starting QB was out for the season. You can read the responses I got. :(

It will be interestsing to see how things go this year. Right now Strock is OK. If the season doesn't go the way everyone thought, start looking for "FIRE STROCK".

That how this board differs. I don't believe you will find one post wanting Schnellenberger fired. Last season was hard to stomach but Schnellenberger is the man.
I know already you won't see any "fire Doherty" posts either. Same for Angelos.

This board is fun. I think I get caught up in this rivalry thing too much. We just had our first 70 deg day up here and that means more time out doors and less time on the internet.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FIU is too happy

dusky256fc said

I like to check in on the FIU board once in a while and it's nice to see them energized due to last year but the truth is for their senior year it wasn't all that great. They hung in a few games they had a shot at but it's quite obvious they are yet at our level.

I agree I would of thought that they would have done better, but ohh well I cant wait til next year to get our revenge.
Back to the top
Control functions: