Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What is Blogging and how does it work?

I wanted to get some info out regarding Marcus Nelson's blog about FAU. This is s great chance to help keep us in the local media and share info regarding the team.

Questions and comments we should answer in this thread.

What are your thoughts and procedures for joining or participating in Blogging?

How can the non-computer whiz get started?

How to link with Marcus's blog?

Please feel free to add or share info about blogging.

Thanks
OG
Back to the top

Personally I've never considered journalists blurbs blogs, no matter what papers call them. I guess because people are free to comment on what Marcus says it is similar to a blog but it is still being hosted by the Post and that means they are accountable for what is said.

I've always thought blogs are just a place for anyone with an internet connection to post whatever random thoughts they have about anything. I'm in D.C. and tons of policy wonks have their own blogs where they just write whatever they think about politics, and then people are free to comment. I've read some interesting ones, such as this one lady who drives a cab in NYC has a blog about her experiences, newyorkhack.blogspot.com . And there are a couple of good sports blogs where people post all sorts of random information.

My knowledge of them has never been too extensive, but I do believe that anyone can set up a free blog at www.blogger.com

I think that Marcus' blog would be a great chance to keep us in the media, if he updates it regularly. I see he didn't update it after second day of practice. He also didn't say anything that wasn't said in the FAU press release so maybe better information would get more people to read it.

Back to the top

Very insightful post apetbrown.

Thanks for you input.
Back to the top

hopefully Marcus gets on the ball with his blog. inquiring minds need to know how practice is going.

OG:

http://blog.justanothersoldier.com/ A blog by a soldier preparing for his deployment for Iraq and then posts throughout his tour over there, it was quite a controversy. he was keeping it updated while he was over there and ended up getting the boot. but a really interesting perspective of the war.

www.blogmaverick.com Marc Cuban's personal blog, sometimes sports related, it's fairly amusing at times.
Back to the top

O.G. said

How to link with Marcus's blog?

Just go to the FAU section of the PPB and it should appear on the right side of the page.

You can comments on any of the blogs or other comments made - very similar to responding to threads on this board.
Back to the top

Dear esteemed members of the board,

When I went to the higher ups at the Post with the idea of starting an FAU blog - which essentially is random observations that really wouldn't have a place in the old paper and ink version of our paper - the first thing I told them was about this message board.

This board - yes, I do read often - is proof FAU has fans that are very passionate about their football team. And like most fans, they are starving for information.

After covering FAU sports since 1998, I've met some of you at games or practices and I appreciate the comments made in this forum (both the good and the bad). It at least shows people are reading.

The blog will be a work in progress. We are more or less testing it during the spring with hopes of doing more with it in the fall.

Of course I'll try and update it often, but don't beat me up too bad already. The Owls didn't practice Thursday, so that's why there was no blog. I'll try and have another entry on Friday. I think you'll be pleased with the frequency of updates.

Here is the link to the Post's FAU sports page which will have the articles on FAU that appear in print and also a link to the blog in the right corner. Please bookmark it and visit often.
http://www.palmbeachpo…t/sports/college/fau.html

And here's a link to the blog:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/faublog

Please click on these pages often - we track the number of page views at our office.

Post comments - it shows the fans want this kind of service.

The bigger the response, the more I can provide information.

And of course feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] anytime with questions or tips.

Back to the top

Thanks for the links and the explanation. I hope the Post keeps this around in the fall as well. I'm sure with the support of everyone on here, the blog will get visited fairly regularly during the remainder of spring drills.

Thanks again.
Back to the top

Welcome to the board Marcus. It is a pleasure to have you here with the FAU fans. As you stated in your post we are very passionate about FAU and the sport team's progress. We are starving for FAU info but sometimes we actually may get the jump on things before it's official also.. 8-)
Thanks for the blog info. Hopefully folks will link up and really get involved with it.

Thanks again and don't hesitate to contact one of the admin if you need anything or questions answered.

O.G. Owl
Back to the top

Marcus, I have noticed over the last few years the coverage by the Post of all FAU teams versus some of the other "local" papers. I know where to go to get my information and hopefully through your blog we can add to that. Thanks for the coverage and let's keep it up and build the momentum into this year's season.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Marcus, I didn't mean to bash you too early. It's just I am, as you said, starving for information like the rest of the posters and doubted that the site would be updated often. As others have also mentioned, I go to the Post before any of the others for FAU sports news. In fact I never used to read the post, until I realized the Post's sports coverage, overall, is better than others. So my apologies for jumping to the gun. Welcome to the board.
Back to the top
Control functions: