Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Another Bowl created? WAC-MWC

I wonder will this have any type of trickle down affect on the SunBelt's chances of adding another team to our mix?

Read On:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/03/31/bc.fbc.albuquerque.bowl.ap/index.html
Back to the top

Probably to early to tell but IMO it seems it would.
Back to the top

Just thinking out loud here - hmmm!!

Looking ahead the Year is 2009:

With our New "Scripp" Dome Stadium, ESPN offers FAU a $5 Million line of credit for a New Bowl game, which we will call The "Scripp Bowl", which would be offered to a SBC team versus a C-USA team.

I guest anything is possible with a Brand new state of the art Dome Stadium!!
Back to the top

Damn Bytor your swaying me back to the Dome plan. I like the sounds of that and what makes it sound better is the fact if the admin gets off there butts an starts to move this animal it could be a very very realistic fact.
Back to the top

Talon, I just find what the possibilities of a facility like the Dome does bring, the landscape of athletics is changing and we need to change as well. To me it make for a very bright future for our program and University in general.

2009 is not that far away!!
Back to the top

2009=

Good lookout:
-Mortgage paid in full by July of that year.
-1 year left on wife's car payment.
-Probably time to trade in my just paid off car (2007)
-2 years to go on New Roof payment.
-Grandson will start playing Flag football.

Bad Lookout:
Because of no mortgage interest to claim I will begin looking for "borrowed" kids to claim on my income tax. ;)

I guess I can see the light.. :D

Back to the top

Talon said

Damn Bytor your swaying me back to the Dome plan. I like the sounds of that and what makes it sound better is the fact if the admin gets off there butts an starts to move this animal it could be a very very realistic fact.

From what I have been reading and the little snipets that are posted here from people who appear to be involved with FAU personel or are FAU personel, I think admin is off their butts. The post on the dome thread indicates right now they are working hard trying to nail down the financing of the dome. We are talking about up to $100 mil or so. Decisions on that much money can't be made in haste. If they are going to spend that kind of money, they better have all their ducks in a row and I'm sure they know that.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

With this new bowl being played, I wonder how the Sunbelt will benefit. The C-USA theory may not be too far off. The WAC-MWC Bowl is obviously catering to the South Western teams. That may leave some openings for the Mid West to Eastern Teams if things shift the way we'd like them too. There are several teams in C-USA who play in the SW area. Houston, Rice, UTEP, SMU and Tulsa are all from that area.
Back to the top

I was just throwing something out there and you just never know what can happen when this Dome does get build. Great facilities like the proposed Dome can cater to just that type of event and the South Florida does present a nice location for a Bowl game - that word that is so important to any business and to realestate for that matter, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION and that we have baby.
Back to the top

Maybe I'll ask the commissioner what are his thoughts on the possibility of two teams going bowling, now that the new bowl is involved.
Back to the top
Control functions: