Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

First Full Pad Practice

;D Spring Football has arrived for the Owls!!! In attending Saturday's three hour practice, I came away feeling quite positive about the upcoming season. The boys are much improved from what I saw in last Spring's drills. Not saying that there weren't plenty of mistakes, but given it was the first practice in pads, there was an air of intensity present that was missing last Spring. Clayton worked mainly with the first unit, but Rusty Smith also looked good, with Souverain giving the sharpest performance working against the #2 defense. Sanchez is back at Fullback, showing no signs of the injury that kept him from playing last season. It looks positive for a running game with the backs breaking away for long runs on a couple of plays. All in all I think our Owls will be much improved for '06 if this first full pad practice gives a indication of this team's heart.
Back to the top

First Full Pad Practice

Ahhhhh…football report. 8-)

Did Rusty take snaps with the 1st team offense?

Did you notice who was in the Middle LB spot on defense?

Thanks for the update.
Back to the top

First Full Pad Practice

In response to your inquiry the Middle LB is a transfer student Joseph Frantz from I believe, Boston College and all the Quarterbacks had an opportunity to rotate with the First Unit on a very limited basis.
Back to the top

First Full Pad Practice

Sounds good and going into the season with three capable QB's sounds like sweet music. They all stay healthy and keep improving that would be a very good thing. Something for the New guys coming in to learn from.
Back to the top

First Full Pad Practice

First Full Pad Practice

Sound like they're coming out hungry.

BJ Manley playing FB again. Maybe he put on some more weight. A LOT more weight.

Read On:
http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040106aac.html
Back to the top

First Full Pad Practice

Sounds to me like the players really worked hard in the off season and with another year of learning the new offensive system of Nord, the players should be more prepared on offense.

Back to the top

First Full Pad Practice

Bytor makes a good point about Nord. When Sieple retired Nord was bringing in a new system which meant that not only did this young group have to cop with thrown into the fire but with a new set of guidelines. :P
Back to the top

First Full Pad Practice

Now the fun starts with the pads on. Someone got chewed out by their position coach after last week's practice. Therefore the testosterones will flow very freely early next week!!! Intensity will be there by all involved. How bad do they want it?
Smackdown at the Oxley.

These guys are gonna be OK!
Back to the top
Control functions: