Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Billy Donovan

Add topic

Billy Donovan

I guess most of you saw Florida push UCLA around tonight. I hope you watched the interview right after the game where Donovan said he was praised by someone ( I can't remember who he said) from UF for building a championship program from scatch. I hope Doherty was watching at that time.

That was a good game tonight.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Billy Donovan

Did any of you catch all the face time that Sydney Green got during the last few games?

One good thing for FAU - the announcers mentioned the Owls program a couple of times. However, I never heard Doherty's name.

Where is Sydney's kid from? The P.A. guy announced his hometown as Fort Lauderdale, but later CBS listed it as Boca.

Back to the top

Billy Donovan

Administrator Foley and the entire Athletic group at UF has allowed "Billy the Kid" to build his team. That was his name when he played for Providence and beat my Georgetown Hoyas back in the day.
He is a great motivator and the kids have responded well over the years for him.

BMarkey..I saw the Sidney shots! They mentioned him and FAU quiet a few times during the entire tourney! UF and Joakim Noah were this year's darlings (not including George Mason) so ESPN and the other networks never failed to capitalize of celebrity shots and who's who in the stadium. They also talked about Sydney needing to find work because he was on Indiana's Mike Davis' staff. He'll probably land somewhere now that he's been on the tube and his kid won the championship.

I thought they lived in Boca. I could be wrong but you know how they equate the "nearest big named city" to smaller places sometimes. But I can't say for sure where they lived.
Back to the top
Control functions: