Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rex Walters

Add topic

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Rex Walters

I hope Rex doesn't go….we need him to stick around so he can replace Doherty when he leaves for greener (and when I mean green, I mean $$ obviously) pastures after he takes us to the Sweet 16 in a few years. Besides, who wants to work at a school called Morehead?
Back to the top

Rex Walters

Isn't Doherty grooming him to HC here in a few years?? These guys are really ruining my plan!

Wasn't this his first year as a coach?

I'll yell at him tonight at the happy hour. :)
Back to the top

Rex Walters

Rex Walters

We are all hoping Doherty stays.

The theme of the 2006 college basketball season has been "long term dedication" and "building a team".

Look at the news articles on George Mason and UF. Donavan has been praised for sticking around and building a championship basketball program at a mega football school. The coach of G.M. stuck around long term to build that team.

Anyway, Doherty would do good to leave a legacy behind instead of bailing when a good offer comes up. After all, FAU persued him when other colleges like St Johns were turning him down .

Back to the top

Rex Walters

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T GO REX!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Rex Walters

I don't think he would leave a d1football conference school to go to morehead. Ask any college coach and they tell you that means a lot.
Back to the top

Rex Walters

Rex's name was brought up tonight at the Basketball happy hour. He is in Kentucky interviewing for the position as we speak but it was made very clear that they didn't want him to go anywhere. Hopefully this trip is more of a "tire kicking" for Rex and it's not something he's seriously interested in. Hopefully.
Back to the top

Rex Walters

I Like the combo of Matt and Rex. Who knows what will happen, but Doherty I believe will stay and build this program at which time he will make a very big decision to stay or go. The result of that will be what Walters will do. That is just my take on the whole thing and I also think we all should prepare ourselves for more of this.

A couple of high profile guys and it is to be expected and the more powerful the program gets the more the sharks will circle.
Back to the top

Rex Walters

not to get off topic too much, I didn't want to start another thread.

Isn't this basketball recruit month for LOI?

Matt's got a few lined up. I am looking forward to see who he has for center lined up. I know he was looking at a 7 footer from Chicago.

Back to the top

Rex Walters

illinoisowl said

not to get off topic too much, I didn't want to start another thread.

Isn't this basketball recruit month for LOI?

Matt's got a few lined up. I am looking forward to see who he has for center lined up. I know he was looking at a 7 footer from Chicago.

Yeah it's this month but truthfully I can't remember the exact date I believe it is sometime in the middle of the month.
Back to the top
Control functions: