Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

That last Ship

Add topic

Anyone have word on the last scholarship to the men's basketball team? I hear that FAU has offered Stuart Baldanado. I also read on scout that he visited Duqesne last Friday and has about 10 schools on his list. Is he slated for a visit to FAU? We are the only school in Florida on his list. He also has ties to the Assistant at FAU, who originally recruited him to Miami-Dade.
Back to the top

That last Ship

RhodeIslandOwl said

He also has ties to the Assistant at FAU, who originally recruited him to Miami-Dade.
I was gonna bring that up, hopefully we'll get him.
Back to the top

That last Ship

this guy is would be the best recruit in the history of the school. I know most of you are football fans over b-ball but this guy would be freakin huge. I'm talking like a top 50 team next year….
Back to the top

That last Ship

Do they have a REAL center coming in? I think that is where the team fell short on defense this past season. No dominant big guy in the lane.

and, most of us are b-ball fans too. I am. Football seems to produce the most national attention. That just the way it is.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

That last Ship

We don't have a center coming in next year…only big man is Parmer at 6-8, 220.
My guess is that Monroe would be the center with Parmer as the PF. If we get Baldonado, he could play at SF. We are loaded at guard…Crews, Rice, Green, Harris, Hughley, Perkins. Some of those guys like Graham will play the 3. We also have Simmons down low. Anyone know anything about David Anderson, a transfer from Garner-Webb? He's listed at 6-6.
Back to the top

That last Ship

That last Ship

David Anderson got limited playing time this year. Very limited. He played well when he was on court but I think there are better players ahead of him in the line up. Rumor is that he was an absolute stud in high school, Boca Raton High, I think. 6'6'' might be giving him an inch or two. He's got the dunk of the year in my opinion though!

Hey Exit, have you gotten to see Stuard play? I've read many great things about him but I'd like a real life perspective. Well, that and for him to sign his LOI.

The only real big man prospect we have is our Tuba player, he better be working on his sky hook.
Back to the top

That last Ship

Exit39 said

I know most of you are football fans over b-ball but this guy would be freakin huge.
Lets just say until this year with doherty i didnt even really pay that much attention to basketball, but i can't wait until next year's basketball season.
Back to the top

That last Ship

lngbrdr said

Exit39 said

I know most of you are football fans over b-ball but this guy would be freakin huge.
Lets just say until this year with doherty i didnt even really pay that much attention to basketball, but i can't wait until next year's basketball season.

I've always kept an eye on the standings but now I agree, I can't wait unitl next season to go to the games.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: