Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

B-Ball signing day

Add topic

Anyone hear of commitment letters coming? Today is the first day for the late period I believe.

STUARD where are you????
Back to the top

B-Ball signing day

Exit39 said

Anyone hear of commitment letters coming? Today is the first day for the late period I believe.

STUARD where are you????

I don't see anything about Stuard, but it looks like FAU lost out on a player they were looking at.

From today's Miami Herald:

Hollis set to join George Washington
The prototypical big guard is a hot commodity in college basketball these days, and George Washington University might have landed one of Florida's best.

Taravella 6-8 swingman Damian Hollis is expected to make his commitment to George Washington official when he signs a letter-of-intent next week, according to his father, Essie Hollis.

Hollis, a left-handed guard/forward, was selected to the All-State Class 6A first team after averaging 22.3 points, 10.1 rebounds and 3.4 assists this past season.

In nabbing Hollis, Colonials, whose surprising run in the NCAA tournament was halted by top-seeded Duke, reportedly beat out Florida Atlantic, West Virginia, Seton Hall, Nebraska and UAB, among others.

Hollis, who has a wide shooting range, showcased his versatility playing all five positions during his high school career, but he is projected to get most of his minutes in college at the guard and wing positions.

Back to the top

B-Ball signing day

he probably would have been good but where stacked in the guard position.

STUARD would be huge for us.

Monroe, Graham, Hugley, Parmer, Stuard???? Top fifty. Depending if we can get some nonconfernce home games. it makes a big difference.
Back to the top

B-Ball signing day

Looks like were not getting Stuard. The guy from Niagra isn't very good so its nothing to look forward to. Parmer looks to be the stud of the class. Atleast we got some size with Kone.

Florida Atlantic signed Seydou Kone, a 6-foot-9, 230-pound center from Broward Community College on the first day of the late signing period Wednesday, likely completing the first recruiting class for FAU coach Matt Doherty.

Kone, a native of France, missed all of last season with an ankle injury, but Doherty said he expects Kone to be a solid player of the Owls.

?I saw him play before he got hurt in an exhibition game and he can pass, handle and shoot in addition to rebounding,? Doherty said.

Kone was recruited by Creighton and Southern Cal before he was injured.

?Coach Doherty stayed on him and they got themselves steal,? said Broward Community College coach Bob Starkman.

?He can go inside, but he?s dangerous outside too.?

Palm Beach Community College?s Tavarus Harris and Jeff Parmer, St. Andrew?s guard Xavier Perkins, Longwood-Lyman guard Sanchez Hughley all signed with the Owls in the early signing period.

Pompano Beach guard Avery Holley, signed a football scholarship with FAU in February and forward Eni Cuka, a transfer from Niagra, who will be eligible in January, also make up the class.
Back to the top

B-Ball signing day

Exit39 said

Looks like were not getting Stuard. The guy from Niagra isn't very good so its nothing to look forward to. Parmer looks to be the stud of the class. Atleast we got some size with Kone.

Florida Atlantic signed Seydou Kone, a 6-foot-9, 230-pound center from Broward Community College on the first day of the late signing period Wednesday, likely completing the first recruiting class for FAU coach Matt Doherty.

Kone, a native of France, missed all of last season with an ankle injury, but Doherty said he expects Kone to be a solid player of the Owls.

?I saw him play before he got hurt in an exhibition game and he can pass, handle and shoot in addition to rebounding,? Doherty said.

Kone was recruited by Creighton and Southern Cal before he was injured.

?Coach Doherty stayed on him and they got themselves steal,? said Broward Community College coach Bob Starkman.

?He can go inside, but he?s dangerous outside too.?

Palm Beach Community College?s Tavarus Harris and Jeff Parmer, St. Andrew?s guard Xavier Perkins, Longwood-Lyman guard Sanchez Hughley all signed with the Owls in the early signing period.

Pompano Beach guard Avery Holley, signed a football scholarship with FAU in February and forward Eni Cuka, a transfer from Niagra, who will be eligible in January, also make up the class.

Good to get some much needed size with Kone. Monroe, Kone, and Parmer has the makings of a pretty good front court. Perkins and Hughley are the stars of the class. I'm excited to watch them alongside Paul Graham. This should be the most athletic team in FAU history. ;D
Back to the top

B-Ball signing day

it's too bad about Stuard but Kone sounds like a great addition.

Don't count out Avery Holley, he was the Broward County Athlete of the Year if I'm not mistaken and FAU was the only school that would allow him to play both Football and Basketball so that's why he chose us.

We added size and speed this offseason, I'm really looking forward to next year!!!
Back to the top

B-Ball signing day

TeamBeer said

it's too bad about Stuard but Kone sounds like a great addition.

Don't count out Avery Holley, he was the Broward County Athlete of the Year if I'm not mistaken and FAU was the only school that would allow him to play both Football and Basketball so that's why he chose us.

We added size and speed this offseason, I'm really looking forward to next year!!!

Me too. We should be a very deep team, which is something we weren't last season. Especially at both guard positions.
Back to the top

B-Ball signing day

from our website

BOCA RATON, FL - Florida Atlantic University head men's basketball Matt Doherty has announced that Seydou Kone has signed a national letter of intent to play for the Owls starting in 2006-07.

Kone, a 6-8, 230-pound forward from Paris, France, spent the past two seasons at Broward Community College. He was also enrolled at Cloud County (Kan.) Community College for one season.

"We are very pleased to add a student-athlete of Seydou's capability to our team," stated Doherty. "While he has been overcoming an injury, we are confident that he can have a tremendous impact on our team next year. Seydou's commitment both on the court and in the classroom reflects the type of student-athlete that we are attracting to Florida Atlantic University. It is a great day for FAU basketball!"

Kone is the fourth prospect from South Florida and fifth overall to sign on as part of Doherty's first full recruiting class. He joins early signees Xavier Perkins, a 6-5, 220-pound forward from Saint Andrew's School in Boca Raton; Tavarus Harris, a 5-10, 170-pound guard from Palm Beach Community College; Jeff Parmer, a 6-8, 220-pound forward from Palm Beach Community College; and Sanchez Hughley, a 6-4 200-point guard from Lyman High School in Orlando.
Back to the top

B-Ball signing day

Interesting they didn't mention Cuka. Also interesting that 4 of the 6 coming in (not including Cuka) are JC transfers. It gives us a lot of upperclassmen and a chance to compete this year. Hopefully, as we have more success on the court we'll have a better opportunity to bring in highly recruited freshmen for four years…like Monroe and Hughley.
Back to the top

B-Ball signing day

B-Ball signing day

I just went to the BCC website to look at Kone on the athletic page. He's the big guy in the middle.
I was hoping for someone a little bigger at center. Maybe the tuba player will come through as a walk on.

How did BCC do this year? I am a bit startled at their roster. France, Israel, Latvia, a bunch of New Yorkers. Good size too.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: