Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 11,Gardner Webb 5(Final Game 2)

Add topic

FAU trailed after 7 innings today, but rallied with 7 runs in the final 2 innings to avoid the sweep. FAU is now 6-8,20-17 on the year. Joel Schmal pitched 4 scoreless innings in relief to get the win. FAU got three home runs today from Jordan Hafer, Ovy Ramirez, and Travis Ozga.
We're still one game behind Gardner-Webb for the last spot in the conference tourney. A win in the finale and we tie it up and have the tiebreaker over them-a loss and were two down and they have the tiebreaker. So tomorrow is pretty much a must win! Go FAU!!
Back to the top

BurrowingOwl,

Are they still dealing with injuries?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Oh yes-they lost their superstar player Mike McBryde for the season,a long with probably the second and third best hitters Widlansky and McKenna for most of the season. There is still some hope(As far as I have heard) that McKenna might again play at some point this year. FAU also lost their starting shortstop for the season Alex Fonseca to academic related issues.
Several others have been nursing less serious injuries that have had them playing hurt. Never has any FAU team ever been as hard as the 2006 edition has. The fact that were still over .500 at 20-17 is a testament to the heart of the players and coaching staff.
Back to the top

I related to the heart of the players of the football team and I believe it is the complete athletic community at FAU. The kids at FAU never give up no matter what the odds, and they play with a ton of heart. There has got to be something there maybe it's in the water. The football team last year I believe they just ran out of gas because of the unknown strength of the schedule. The baseball team plagued with injuries, etc. and other players stepping up to the plate and remaining at .500. It says a lot for the kids, coach's and staff at FAU.
Back to the top
Control functions: