Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Spring - Injuries?

I just wanted to throw this out there because Marcus Nelson made a very good point concerning the injuries in his Blogs.

Especially during spring ball, minor injuries to the more veteran palyers does give an opportunity for the younger players a chance at more reps which will only help in the long run in developing depth, which we have been lacking in certain areas that proved to be an achilles heal in our short history.

I always felt that McGahee could be a big type play maker for us and if anybody needed reps during spring and fall, it was him - this could very well been a break through year for him where we need play makers.

However, I do think we still have a few players that can step up in his absence - some that did not get a chance tp play last year, because of depth issue.

Back to the top

Spring - Injuries?

Agree. Along with Simeon, keep an eye on Jason Harmon and "Cro" Johnson this year :)
Back to the top

Spring - Injuries?

O.G. Harmon, as told to me by one of the players is so much like Michael Irvin style receiver. This kid is getting his feet wet and that seems to be true to form and developing. I agree that we get everybody back and the additional help look for some hot routes. Camp will be very interesting.
Back to the top

Spring - Injuries?

He is very much like Irvin Style. Cro is even more elusive once he gets the ball after a ctach. Not too fast but will make you miss. Seen both play in high school several times.

Let's not forget about the linemen Marcus mentioned. It was nice to see that coach " knew what Paris can do". The guy learned real fast in the trenches as a young pup! That's impressive. Get well fast Nick.
Back to the top

Spring - Injuries?

Spring - Injuries?

:o Sorry double post
Back to the top

Spring - Injuries?

Well, I was at the Oakley today a watched scrimmage. before that I went inside to get a bottle of water and was talking to a couple of the players. Here is what I just pulled off the Posts site: Backup quarterback McKinson Souverain was among seven players who missed the practice with food poisoning, which gave Clayton and Rusty Smith more time to show what they can do. However, neither quarterback distinguished themself.

I walked throught the hall and saw Mckinson and about five other players in the training room. Well actually two of them were on there way to throw up. I asked how they were doing and they looked horrible. They were out for the day sent back to there rooms.

Back to the top

Spring - Injuries?

I think half the school has food poisoning. It was so bad, the main cafeteria was shut down and people were hospitalized. My daughter was and is sick as hell.

Heads must roll at FAU for this horrible job of food preparation. Maybe the manager there should be fired.

Back to the top

Spring - Injuries?

If this food poisoning is anywhere near as widespread as it sounds then heads should definitely roll. This is honestly the first time I've ever heard of a campus-wide food poisoning.
Back to the top

Spring - Injuries?

It has happened before throughout the years. I can't remember where but do remember it being up north like Ohio State or Mich.. I agree that someone needs to make changes at FAU. A lot of the kids have been complaining for a while about the food be sub par and that it has progressively gotten worse. They need to dump Chartwells if they can't provide these kids with decent service. FAU pays them plenty to take care of the food service. If they can't do it there are other companies out there that can. I know this can happen anywhere, five star restaurants, cruise ships etc.. but you don't want it to happen to your kids and I'm sure that Brogan will make this a top priority. He has too much pride in this school to let this go.

IMO when the Cafeteria opens again the food will probably be the best served of any university in the country.

But I agree some heads (not one) need to roll a good house CLEANING is in order.
Back to the top

Spring - Injuries?

It's amazing that the media has not found out abut this yet. They (especially the Post) mail it in on the weekends. And, TV will only cover what hits it in the face, is bleeding on the side of the road, or is already in that day's paper.
Back to the top
Control functions: