Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What should be FAU's Top 3 Goals this season???

Since another thread began speaking about what one school defines as a successful season another may not, let's talk about what WE think will be a successful season for the Owls THIS year.

I hope that down the road we can have the same expectations as the Big Three in the state, but let's not get carried away here just yet.

Here are my 3 goals for FAU to have a successful season.

1. Overall winning record
2. Return of the Shula trophy ;D
3. Here's a long shot but it's a nice stretch: SBC Champs!!!

Alright everybody, lets hear what you guys think.
Back to the top

I like the thread and I agree across the board. Most important has to be 500+. Next we have to make sure FIU understands thier position and last, but maybe one year ahead of schedule, would be great the SBC.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

There really isn't anything to add to that as far a the season goes. Maybe some superlatives by the players. Top SBC passer, Top SBC rusher. Or as a team, top passing team, top running team, top offense or defense.

As SBC champs would be a bowl appearance. Winning that would be a goal also.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

scrap that predictable offense and put in a shotgun spread.
Back to the top

I am beginning to see it the same way Isight
Back to the top

This guy pops in on occasions with some good insights. I know that you're a converted FAU fan now Isight but how is GA doing?

But we won't see major changes to that offense. Even one close to a Gary Nords' would be an element of surprise for the opposition.
Back to the top

Here's my take on it:

1. Finishing with a winning record
  2. Winning back the Shula Trophy
  3. Pulling an upset against one of the non-conf. BCS teams

Of course, a win against one of the non-conf. opponents means next to nothing if FAU doesn't perform in conference and come away with a winning record for the season.

I like FAU's chances to meet all of these goals. If they do so, the SBC title will be within reach. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

For 2006:

1. On-campus dome/stadium construction: we've been hearing about the project for years. There's nothing more important to the program's long-term health.

2. Beat FIU: FIU is always our best measuring stick.

3. Have a winning SBC record: It will be difficult to have a winning overall record with the tough OOC schedule, but all SBC games should be competitive.
Back to the top

Another goal: Winning record at home. We need to establish a winning atmosphere at Lockhart.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Another goal: Winning record at home. We need to establish a winning atmosphere at Lockhart.

That's a very big one!!! Teams have to "Fear The Pipe" at home games… :)
Back to the top
Control functions: