Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

HE'S Gone

Add topic

Inside info says he gone!

Doherty Sucks!

Rumor says Monroe is going with him.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

HE'S Gone

HE'S Gone

If he is gone, then the next coach coming in can take all the credit for what Doherty started just like UNC.

You reap what you sow. With that said I wish Doherty good luck and prosperity in his new coaching job.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

HE'S Gone

Monroe isn't going anywhere, he'd have to sit for a year. Why would anyone sit a year just to transfer to SMU?? I can understand loyalty to a coach who recruits you, but even if he did say that, I'm sure he'll later realize that would be a mistake.
Back to the top

HE'S Gone

Is there a sit-out rule in basketball? There isn't in baseball.

I hope this is just a bad dream and not Doherty becoming one big contradiction.
Back to the top

HE'S Gone

I think Walters will stay unless he doesn't like it there either. He applied for the job initially and would have gotten it if not for Doherty coming into the picture.

What is everyone's opinions about Walters' coaching and recruiting skills? Will he bring the Owls program to the next level?

Back to the top

HE'S Gone

I would like to apologize for my Doherty Sucks comment. I should have relaxed a moment before I started typing. It just really bothers me that he would make the comments recently about staying and building a program and then turn around and do this one year in.

Time to move on, good luck coach. You really should try sticking around somewhere for more than a year or two but I hope it works out for you.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

HE'S Gone

Here is CUSA's written policy concerning transfer:

NCAA transfer rule: A student who transfers to a NCAA member institution from any collegiate institution is required to complete one full academic year of residence at the certifying institution before being eligible to compete for or to receive travel expenses from the member institution, unless the student satisfies the applicable transfer requirements or receives an exception or waiver. In the sport of basketball, a transfer student-athlete who satisfies the applicable transfer requirements or receives an exception or waiver as set forth in this section, but initially enrolls as a full-time student subsequent to the first term of the academic year shall not be eligible for competition until the ensuing academic year.

C-USA Intraconference transfer rule: The eligibility of a student-athlete (or prospect who has signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI) with a Conference USA institution) who transfers directly or indirectly from one conference member institution to another shall be determined by NCAA regulations. In the event NCAA regulations require the student-athlete to complete one full academic year in residence before being eligible to compete in a sport, the student-athlete shall also forfeit one season of competition in that sport.

http://conferenceusa.cstv.com/compliance/c-usa-compliance.html

Back to the top

HE'S Gone

dusky….no apology necessary. MD does suck if he leaves now. Was he that hard up for cash that he needed to accept the position at FAU only to bail after one year. His word means zip, zero, nada IMO.

I would love to see RW take the job and carry it to the next level so we could tell MD to go pound sand. I was excited about the program and it's future prospects with MD at the helm. I hope SMU doesn't expect him to stick around there for long because he can't be believed or trusted no matter what he says. I'd be willing to bet that MD doesn't last 5 years ANYWHERE.

Good Luck coach……NOT!!
Back to the top

HE'S Gone

If/when Matt leaves, Rex is the goto guy. I stoped by a practice this week that Rex was running and it looks to me like it would be a seemless transition. Also, I've heard from players that they like Rex but they know he's going to come down harder on them then Matt did.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

HE'S Gone

FAUtuba said

If/when Matt leaves, Rex is the goto guy. I stopped by a practice this week that Rex was running and it looks to me like it would be a seemless transition. Also, I've heard from players that they like Rex but they know he's going to come down harder on them then Matt did.

I never met Matt and never met Rex. When I get down there for the first home game in the new dome, maybe I can meet Rex. That said, I feel the reason the players had so much loyalty to Doherty was because he disciplined them. I read articles with quotes from the current team saying they didn't get any discipline from Green. They could pretty much do what they wanted on and off the court. So thats good. Rex should take over and do well.

Back to the top
Control functions: