Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Stadium *** Soccer and Football

I pulled this from the other post "on the Dome" thought it would be interesting to see what you all think, views and opinions.

While sitting at the game today I realized we were sitting across the fence from this beautiful area called the soccer stadium. I walked around the fence and looked around only to see (in my vision) a football stadium (not a Dome) but a 25 K stadium.

We keep talking about Boca High and Lockhart and there is a field right now on campus with lights and a few bleachers, grass turf (that can be converted to play-turf) so all can play. My point is Upgrade that spot until a Dome can be built. Is the Athletic Department stupid or blind. A few hundred grand and you got you a stadium on campus brother. Add about 10 to 15 mil and you have a more than decent stadium.

The big point is YOU HAVE A STADIUM ON CAMPUS FOR THE 2007 season DUH.!!!!! We don't have to wait and you kill to birds with one stone. A stadium now and Schnelly's Dome later as the program grows.

Come on Brogan and Angelos do something for this fledging program give it this little boost and watch things start to happen.

Lets put the energy where it will do the most good now
? Last Edit: Today at 1:19pm by Talon ?

Back to the top

Interesting concept and observation Talon. A lot of schools have that set-up.
Back to the top

It would take a lot more than just a few hundred thousand to get it ready to host DI football. Remember we have to average 15 k which means you would need at least that many bleachers, a press box, visiting team locker room, public restrooms, camera platforms, visiting and home coaches boxes, goal posts, etc.
Back to the top

O.K. my bad on the few hundred K but I did come back with the 10 to 15 Mil.. Just got carried away thinking about the whole thing.
Back to the top

That is a very good observation. I thought the same thing. Would be nice to watch our games right here at home. We have to get this Dome state of the art and ready. Since FIU is thinking about building a 40,000 seat stadium on campus.

http://fiuathleticscom.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1141929064&page=5
Back to the top

Wiuld it be nice to hear that at least they would look into the possibilty of doing something like this.
Back to the top

I was told that in athletic meetings sometime in late fall, after the hurricane, the idea was talked about building a quick staidum on campus in order to have a place to play in '06.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

They need to take another serious look at that again and take some action for '07.
Back to the top

O.K. May is upon us and is there supposed to be some kind of an announcement about the stadium issues. Funding for the dome, open type stadium, etc., or is this going to be more lip service for another year.

Also, from what I understand there not paying for summer A or B. So I guess the guys will roll in for camp to start the season. Isn't that special. I spoke with a very recent grad from Florida and he said if you weren't there for Summer they took it as you were stealing from the team. Is the funding that big of a problem, wow. Even our friends to the south have summer covered, thats sad, very sad. So I guess it's everybody bring your flash lights to Lockhart for the night games.
Back to the top

Talon said

Also, from what I understand there not paying for summer A or B. So I guess the guys will roll in for camp to start the season. Isn't that special.

Where'd you hear that from? I've heard of several guys that are getting payed for the summer and it's quite a bit I might add.
Back to the top
Control functions: