Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Spring Scrimmage Opinions

Well here are mine

DeIvory, Charles and Aaron and saw things in Charles that explain why he was recruited Power, Power and more Power. DeIvory was very fluid in his moves and did very well. Aaron what can you say he is back.

QB's did much better again McKinson had some very exciting scrambles but did so after the pockets busted up and he had to. He show good pose. Rusty and Sean both did well.

WR's also did a good job with some very nice catches. A few dropped passes but not the end of the earth.

The O-Line is beginning to come together but very slow.

The D-Line kept the pressure on and busted up the Offense pretty good.

LB's Beasts and nasty ones is the way to some it up they are going to be the thing that the offense will have to worry about. They have been consistent the whole spring. As deep in the chart at LB as you want to go. Good job coach.

The secondary has gained a ton of ground and are also looking pretty sharp in coverage.

My grade overall
O- for today B+
D- for today B+

For the whole spring

O - C
D - B+

I figured I get the ball rolling and will reserve some of my comments after things start to roll. O.G. I will send you an e-mail on a question but it may surface here I'll d off for now.

Back to the top

I liked that they started using the shotgun every once in a while instead of always using the pro-set. They also had a nice trick play thrown in there for big gain with a real nice hb pass, that was pretty cool to watch. Note about the OL, they will only be better considering atleast 3 (that I know of) were out with injuries.
Back to the top

Considering this is still spring ball - I thought we looked better overall at this point last year. Rusty Smith has made a lot of improvement making the QB position a much tigher race.

I also found that the team played much more disciplined on both side and with more purpose out there, with more maturity they found some confidence in themselves.

There is still room for improvements, but I do like where the team is at this point.

It was great to see Sanchez back and he showed why we missed him so much last year - the guy can just play and will be a huge part of our success on offense this year. Harmon and Wilds still needs to improve at the TE position, but good to see contribution from that position, Harmon made some nice plays.

Some of the young guys looked very good as well.

8-)

Back to the top

A little foot note Marketing sucks and if this is an example of what is to come next year from them it isn't looking good.
Back to the top

For you guys that have been watching the scrimages and practices. Are they better than the national media and others are saying? Most of what I have read, with the exception of the local papers down there, is assessments based on last year's performance.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I would say yes much more, they are looking to much at last year. You can see a smarter, wiser, very much more aggressive confident players. The experience is a big big plus. Illinoisowl I was being as critical as I could be but all in all they are leaps and bounds of what they were last year.

Another observation over the past weeks is the team as a whole seems to be much stronger physically than during the season. I know for a fact that the strength coach has them on a very rigorous program and they are answering the call. We take care of the couple of key injuries and we should actually do pretty good. The more they jell the stronger they get but no doubt in my mind they will be ready to compete next year and compete hard.

By the way Clemson is one of the schools up for the National Championship. That will be the game to watch not so much from what the score will be but how the game is played and the kids handle it. We will be making the trip to that one for sure.
Back to the top

Not to go off topic, but I don't see Clemson making the ACC Championship game, let alone winning the national championship.

Back on topic though, last time I roamed through the Oxley center I noticed that there is a short-timer's calendar counting down the days till the Clemson game.

I'm excited for the new season.
Back to the top

Glad to see that most observers feel that the younguns have grown up a bit. This time last year we all felt the learning curve was stretching a bit. Now most have actually met that goal. Amazing what an extra year will do for one's confidence. Now add in last year's tough OOC games and we have the ingredient of a decent competitive team for SunBelt play.

"The FAU Owls fly into Death Valley."
We have to request that all local reporters keep that one- liner in the closet.. ;D
Back to the top

Did anyone cash in on those cheap uniforms being sold in the Oxley?

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

I bought some of the Adidas warm-ups last year.

How did Willie Rose look at FB durig the scrimmage?

I see that Dom Walker is playing defense now.
Back to the top
Control functions: