Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Women's Basketball Banquet

Add topic

With all of the talk going around about people leaving, staying, etc. here is some news about the world that is still going on at FAU.

The FAU Women's Basketball team had their banquet Sunday Evening in the FAU Founder's Lounge. THere were approx. 70 people attending and it was a very nice time by all who attended.

Each player was awarded an NCAA Championship watch (provided by the NCAA) for being participants in the tournament. Other awards included statistical awards, team awards and a Coaches Award.

Stat Awards: Most Assists (181) -Shuteamia Brayboy, Most Steals - Shuteamia Brayboy (82), Most Rebounds - Shontavia Williams (221).

Team Awards (Team Votes on this): Best Defensive Player - Shuteamia Brayboy, Most Imporved - Brittney "Chicken" Crenshaw, MVP - Shontavia Williams.

Shontavia was also presented with an A-Sun First Team All-Conference Award from the conference.

Coach Dugan gave out the Coaches Award and that went to Amanda Bulin.

There were also Captains Awards and they went to Shontavia Williams, Sharia Young, and Amanda Bulin.

The banquet was $10 per person and the money will go towards buying Championship rings for the ladies. Anyone wanting to donate any amount can call Coach Dugan anytime (leads are appreciated I am sure).

Buzz around the gym today is quiet - as I am sure you all know.
Time to move on, should be exciting to see what happens next! Lets welcome the next Coach with open arms!

Can I get a hoot?
Back to the top

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LADY OWLS.

We did get caught up in the departure of the "other"coach.
There still is life at FAU. Let's move on and continue to support them.

Thanks for posting the info.

A BIG HOOT FOR ALL THE AWARD WINNERS.

Back to the top

It's a shame that all season the Lady Owls have been overshadowed and they are the ones that really deserve all of the attention. Kudos to them once again for an AMAZING year!!!
Back to the top

I guess we were so steeped in misery here we forgot there are other sports.

Congratualtions to the women's basketball team. You did a good job ladies. I hope coach Dugan retires from FAU at a very old age.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Dugan and Co. did what Doherty could not, despite the hype, ESPN coverage and more. She deserves much better.

Back to the top
Control functions: