Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Most SunBelt fans on this board say yall don't

have a chance finishing in the Sun-Belt Top 5.Espescially the FIU fans.

http://thecollegeendzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=780
Back to the top

OK I took the bait.
That's why they call them message board opinions. Everyone is an expert.

BTW..I don't see where "especially FIU fans" are saying anything more than the person who started the post.
Back to the top

I just joined

~Daphne

AEA
Back to the top

Blah, Blah, Blah….they'll all be eating those words wishing we were in a difference conference in 2-3 years time.
Back to the top

No knock against FIU but they just replaced about 15 starters. I don't see the momentum continuing from last year with that many new faces, especially since most of those 15 missing starters were 5th year seniors. They might not have the same lack of success that FAU had last year with the same situation, I just don't see a team full of guys starting for the first time doing as well or better then a team with guys that had 4 years of game experience. As I read in the paper; a lot of holes to fill.

Then again I am refering to what people on the other board are predicting. The actual team may have a different outlook.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The FIU folks are delirious with their '05 finish, but might be forgetting about that sixth year hangover to come.
Back to the top

All the so called experts know very little about what to expect from FAU and FIU. Last year was a rebuilding year for FAU and they played a wicked non-conf. schedule. This year the non-conf. schedule is even more potent, but FAU will be way more experienced when they hit the SBC schedule. I expect FAU to compete in the SBC if they can avoid injuries during the early part of the season.

I look at it like this, every year people talk about MTSU as being the cream of the SBC and every year they disappoint. Sure they beat Vandy last year for a great win, but they never met expectations in the SBC. The race is wide open.

Lets talk FIU. Sure they had momentum at the end of the season by stringing a few wins together and the win over FAU was huge. However, FIU doesn't have any real momentum in my opinion. Its not like they are coming off of a 9 win season. Besides, momentum means very little. FAU went 9-3 and then just tanked mostly due to inexperience and the loss of depth. That is what FIU will face next year. However, the boys in blue and gold will still pull off a couple of wins just to make the SBC race interesting.

BOTTOM LINE: In a conference with so few teams, every loss really hurts. Each team plays seven conference games and everyone plays everyone else. This isn't the Big 12 or Big 10 where you have 8 conference games and any given year you face two teams that some of your opponents don't face. I look for a good year with two or three teams leading the way with 5-2 conference records. GO OWLS!!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: