Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Active board

Add topic

This is about as active as I have ever seen this board since Doherty interviewed for the SMU job. We didn't set a new record for most online at one time but the constant activity has been busier.

OG, Bytor, is there a counter on this board for # of hits in a day?
It just seems like I've seen more guests and people signed on in the last two weeks.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Active board

No counter until the old mark is broken. That's controlled by Pro-Boards. I did see about 10 guests on earlier this week!
Back to the top

Active board

FIU has theirs on wikipedia, a fairly comprehensive web encyclopedia. It is included with the article about the university. Which by the way is about 4x the size and content of FAU's.
FAU should do the same unless someone there doesn't want to associate the board with the university since it is not a part of the university and not controlled by the university's administration. Which means including it on the FAU web site sports page probably won't happen either.

Back to the top

Active board

Is there any way to get the message board web address out to the students so more can join in heading towards Football season?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Active board

Active board

illinoisowl said

FIU has theirs on wikipedia, a fairly comprehensive web encyclopedia. It is included with the article about the university. Which by the way is about 4x the size and content of FAU's.
FAU should do the same unless someone there doesn't want to associate the board with the university since it is not a part of the university and not controlled by the university's administration. Which means including it on the FAU web site sports page probably won't happen either.

That is it in a nutshell. I've tried many times over the years now. They did put it in some local handouts two year ago for us.

Dusky..we need the word of mouth or some flyer's or something.
We are open for ways and ideas to get the info to the students.
Back to the top

Active board

O.G. the fact is that student athlete's check it, how often I'm not sure but they do come on. Some of them stay away because they don't want to get mixed up in the controversy.

Flyer's might help or a spot in the UP hey try it all none of it can hurt.
Back to the top

Active board

Yeah some do check in. My advice to them is stay anonymous and do not get into giving intricate details about the program or issues. General knowledge or opinions are fine but the inside info stuff can be harmful and/or detrimental to the organization.

We certainly don't need that type of controversy.
Back to the top

Active board

About wikipedia, it's open for the public to post. Has anyone put it up and it been removed? I'd be surprised if it were.
Back to the top

Active board

I checked it one time and came up with this but I had to work at it a little

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Atlantic_University
Back to the top

Active board

Someone put it on wikipedia, very good.

I would have called it the "owls nest message board" but this is a good start.

Now if it just had more content. Look at the other Universities on wikipedia. FAU is one of the smallest articles. Although with notable alumus like Carrot Top, who needs a big article.

Just kidding carrot top, we love you!

Back to the top
Control functions: