Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

RW Is Hired

Add topic

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/14448153.htm

Hip Hip Hooray! The right decision was made. I wish the new HC the best in his first (and hopefully long term) assignment as HC.

(I would have posted a link to this mornings Sun Sentinel article but couldn't find it).

http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042706aaa.html
Back to the top

RW Is Hired

I know everyone is upset with Doherty for not finishing what he started. On the positive side, he did bring in Walters.

So in a few years when FAU annually finds itself going to the dance, we can send a big "thank you" to what ever high school Doherty is coaching at in North Dakota.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

RW Is Hired

This is the right move. Best of luck Coach Walters !!

Matt and Rex really came as a package deal and Rex had a lot of responsibility and authority in the system. This should be a very smooth transition as there should not be any defections of existing players or recruits. Continuity is better than a "splash" at this point as things are on the right track.

I am sorry to see Matt leave so soon after arriving, but he did leave the program better than he found it and he also left a good situation behind him with Rex and the incoming recruits. Also, Rex is 10 years or so younger than Matt so he has more time professionally to build up FAU.

I read on another thread about donations. I spoke to a staff member last season who advised if you are so inclined to donate money to a particular sport (basketball, football, baseball, the band, etc), make your wishes known by letter and in the memo portion of the payment otherwise the funds go into a general account and may get dispersed in a manner you do not want.

Looking forward to next season and very happy with the Rex hire !!
Back to the top

RW Is Hired

RW Is Hired

Coach Walters is going to do a great job.
Good luck Rex!
Back to the top
Control functions: