Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

It Is OFFICIAL Rex is in

Add topic

;D Listening to the Press conference live Rex is the Man. 8-)
Back to the top

It Is OFFICIAL Rex is in

Sounds like there are quite a few people there, maybe its just the position of camera.
Back to the top

It Is OFFICIAL Rex is in

Van Gundy was there! He didn't speak though.

From what I've been told, Kelly Doherty was at the conference and Brogan had some nice things to say to her about their family and Matt etc…
And Brogan pointed out that the person that leaked the info to the press yesterday about Rex's hiring was a player! It wasn't me!!!
Back to the top

It Is OFFICIAL Rex is in

The player was DeAndre Rice, ha ha! He knows he's safe, having a Three point machine as a coach :)
Back to the top

It Is OFFICIAL Rex is in

I'm at work so I can't watch. I'm glad Brogan said nice things. I know we were rough on Matt on this board but that does show a lot of class on Brogan's part and that reflects on the university as a whole.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

It Is OFFICIAL Rex is in

It wasn't mentioned in any article so am I to assume no players have left the team and the recruits have all decided to honor their committments?
Back to the top

It Is OFFICIAL Rex is in

The players were very upset. Nobody is threatening to try and get out of their commitment. Not publicly anyway.
This episode made them circle the wagons as a unit. That could be a good thing for team chemistry later on. The "we need to give 110% for coach Rex" may very well come into play here.

Could be another "unintentional" plus for Matt's leaving. :o
Back to the top

It Is OFFICIAL Rex is in

It Is OFFICIAL Rex is in

O.G. the players that are there and from what I was told this is fine with the trcruits and should help with future recruits. They have come together as a TEAM. A closed fits is stronger than an open hand. Something that passed to me and I used , it kind of puts things in a nut shell. I think we will see good things for FAU basketball.
Back to the top

It Is OFFICIAL Rex is in

This was a very tight group already and this like Talon mentioned should helped bring the newer guys in closer to the group further strengthening their bond as group and now the players could use this as extra motivation to work a little hard in the off season.

Back to the top

It Is OFFICIAL Rex is in

Rex made that pretty clear in his acceptance speech to the players a couple of times. I listened to it again this morning and this is one of those just what the doctor ordered for this guy. I think he can see that being at FAU and where the program is the sky is the limit. The opportunities are endless and I would bet a beer (or two) that he will be here for at least 4 to 5 years, maybe longer. He has the chance to leave a huge legacy at FAU and I really believe he sees it that way.

Rex sorry Coach Walters is young, enthusiastic, ambitious, and intelligent. He is going to do wonderful things for this program. In all honesty Matt needed this to revitalize his career Rex needed this to get it started and that doesn't happen in one year.
Back to the top
Control functions: