Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Draft/FA Prospects: Sun Belt Players

Anyone predicting who will make the biggest splash this year from the SunBelt?
Troy's Demarcus Ware was too easy a few years ago. Last year I really liked Harris(ULM) to make it. He went to Chicago and started at DB!

This year:
I'll say if FIU's Turnbull get a shot he may surprise a few people too. The guy have some good football skills.

Shemar Bracey from ASU wasn't a bad back. Good size when they played us. They say he wasn't even the starter! He stepped in for Antonio Warren some during the season.
Back to the top

Four 1st round picks and no SunBelt players on the board yet!
What's up with that Tagliabue.. ;D

I think the SWAC (D1-AA) had a late pick last year too. I'm not sure if Vincent Jackson (Northern Colorado) was drafted or a FA by San Diego.
Back to the top

Just saw Maroney from Minn. and they were showing the highlite films and they had a little bit of the fau/minn game. When will FAU have its first 1st round draftee - that will be a pretty cool day 8-)
Back to the top

OG

Vincent Jackson was a 2nd round draft choice of the Chargers last year.

Back to the top

Welcome to the board exit121.

He's another one who will do OK at that level. He had some good catches last year.

Thanks for the info.
Back to the top

Demarcus Ware from Troy was taken by Dallas last year. He exceeded expectations.

Troy has a couple of linemen/linebackers who will be drafted, and a punter, (fifth in the country) who will either be drafted or sign a nice free-agent contract.

Back to the top

Youre right about Ware. It was only last year and it seems like he's been a pro forever.
Back to the top

Did we(Sun Belt) have any through the 6th rd???
FA may be the way to go when you get this low anyway.

Looks like FIU's Nick Turnbull signed a FA contract with the Falcons. He just might make it with his nose for the ball.
Congrats to Nick.
Back to the top
Control functions: