Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU fans? Jay Cuttler/Vandy

Do you think that he is a 1st round pick at #11? Wow!
Back to the top

O.G. said

Do you think that he is a 1st round pick at #11? Wow!

Vandy could've finished 1-11 with the sole victory over Tennessee and they would've marked him as the greatest player in recent Vanderbilt history.

But, he is 0-2 against Middle Tennessee. Denver's goin' to suck.
Back to the top

How in the heck did he sneak up in the system!!! That goes to show that when one person gets going on someone mediorce the whole expert world folows.

Denver got hosed on this one!
Back to the top

O.G. said

How in the heck did he sneak up in the system!!! That goes to show that when one person gets going on someone mediorce the whole expert world folows.

Denver got hosed on this one!

Nah, Denver's just ignorant for buying into the media's fantasy about what a great QB Cutler is. Well, they'll have to watch him to make sure he gets along well with the telephones around Denver.
Back to the top

ESPN crew really like this guy? I've seen a few Vandy games and he just didn't impress me that much.

Phones?
Back to the top

I actually heard them talking about MTSU during the broadcast. One of the knocks against Cutler was that he "Never beat Middle Tennessee State".

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Obviously you guys didnt see him play at Florida this year otherwise you wouldnt quetsion his status as a #1 pick. He was utterly amazing putting 42 points up on Florida despite getting absolutely no protection from his offensive line. He singlehandedly kept them in the game. At least 3 or 4 of his completions that day were made with Gators literally draped all over him. Yeah sure Vandy did lousy against MTSU but Cutler played his best games against the best SEC teams(even though VAndy lost most of the games), thats what impressed me and the Denver Broncos(and the ESPN announcers)
Back to the top

O.G. said

ESPN crew really like this guy? I've seen a few Vandy games and he just didn't impress me that much.

Phones?

When he was a freshman in '02, he got drunk at a party and was having trouble using a campus telephone. He got mad and starting hitting and punching the phone trying to rip the phone off the pole or whatever it was attached to. That crime is called vandalism.

A campus police officer saw him, and Cutler started running from the police officer. That would be evading arrest.

Eventually, the campus officer ran him down and cuffed him and cited him for several things.

All he got was a one game suspension against Middle Tennessee and a little community service. Some say had he played in '02, we would've lost to them, but I don't think so.
Back to the top

I saw the Gator game. I don't think it had to do with Vandy playing a good game. UF played lousy that day. If we had someone to catch the ball last year, FAU would have given them the same type of game that day. Why? UF's defense and the offense was cocky early on. Remember they were up by 21pts in the 4th qtr before going into OT. They relaxed and Cutler looked like an All world beater. By the time the starting D got back on the field the momemtum had shifted to Vandy.

Also at one point, UF had 5 starters out that game with injuries.
Back to the top

Cutler has been a first rounder since late last season. He is no surprise. Many thought he would go higher than 11. No offense, but it looks like you guys weren't doing your homework. It is not just one person pushing him as a top flight QB, a lot of people were. Some went as far as to rate him as the best QB in the draft. Look back a few years ago. People knocked Ben Roethlesberger for being from a small school and many said that Pittsburgh made a huge mistake. I think a lot of people are eating crow now that he has a superbowl ring and is one of the best young QBs in the league. I think Cutler will shine in Denver.

For me Leinart is the bigger question. Mr. Hollywood might lose focus as all of the fame and fortune goes to his head.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: