Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU splits today-wins series 2-1

Add topic

After dropping the first game of the DH 11-6, FAU bounced back to win game 2 7-4. FAU is now 10-14.24-23 on the season. Next up is FIU in Miami on Tuesday at 2pm.
As of now FAU is back in as the 6th(and final) seed in the ASUN tourney:
#6 FAU 10-14
Lipscomb 10-14
Campbell 10-14
Belmont 8-16

FAU has won 2 of 3 against Lipscomb and Campbell so we have the tiebreakers on both. Hopefully we can hang on the last seed-next weekend at our archrival Stetson will be tough!
Back to the top

The 10-6 loss was hard to watch, but thankfully the Owls came back strong. Stetson has provided no help in keeping ETSU down, so I'm now rooting for the Bucs to sweep the Hatters in their house and if UNF can sweep GW we'll have a tie between ETSU & Stetson for 3 & 4 and a 4 way tie for the 5 & 6 slots. How much more exciting could it be?
We need 2 W's next weekend at Deland and 2 more in our season finally against ETSU at home.
We need a strong contigent of fans in Deland to cheer our guys on. My bag is packed!
Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Well, who would have thunk it…that Stetson gets swept at ETSU & GW gets swept at home? It's a beautiful thing to see the tight race to the finish. The 3, 4, 5 & 6 tourney slots are wide open. At one point I was just hoping FAU would make the tourney by the skin of their teeth in the #6 slot. Now I'm going out on a limb to project the following:
#1 Jax………22-8
#2 Mercer…20-10
#3 Stetson.16-14
#4 ETSU…..15-17
#5 FAU…….14-16
#6 Camp….13-17
This scenario means we have to finish out 2-1 against Stetson & ETSU. Hopefully our guys will see it as a possibility, because as we all know, in baseball, anything is possible.
Go Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: