Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Help wanted: Thread/forum etiquette?

Add topic

I know it's a slow time of year and all the regular posters are looking for something (anything!!) to talk about, but can we please cut out all these unnecessary threads? Or at least put them in the Open Forum? There is a reason why there are separate forums on this message board. This is getting ridiculous.

Hoot the Movie? OK, sure. There are burrowing owls on campus, it's a burrowing owl sanctuary. Kind of pertains to FAU Football… if the movie had any link to FAU other than it has owls in it. Maybe they can show the movie on the JumboTron at Dolphin Stadium during the FIU game.

Did anyone's car get towed today? Was it towed from an FAU Football game? If not, it doesn't belong in this forum. I've have my car towed before too, but I'm pretty sure nobody here cares.

Even threads about the baseball team lately seem to turn into stadium talk. Great subject, wrong forum. Do we need a stadium? Obviously. But when I go into a baseball thread, I want to read about the baseball team.

Look, we all care about FAU and we all want to share our thoughts and join in discussions. But can we please keep the A.D.D. babble to a minumum? (Don't even get me started on the Gem fiasco either!) I'm not trying to flame anyone or put down anybody, I'm just tired of sifting through all this garbage in search of nuggets of information. The link to Marcus Nelson's blog was a great addition, by the way. One stop shopping. Thanks again O.G.

I'm sure I'll take heat from all sides about this, but I'd really like to know what everyone's take is on this. So go ahead, it'll give you something to talk about.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Kill Joy
Back to the top

Good points Canadian. I don't think anyone will listen though. I'm sure we can expect more good threads being turned into mindless banter about band directors and non-existent stadiums.
Back to the top

I don't typically agree with Canadians (a little joke) but your completely on base here.

I've started to just read the last ten posts on the link at the bottom of the home page. I can get through all of the junk much quicker.

Let's all try to post in the correct forums with appropriate thread titles.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

WTG CO! All good "case in points". (i hope i'm not guilty of any deviations from the thread(s) i have replied on ;D). Sifting through the dribble for the pertinent info is a time waster.
Back to the top

It has been mentioned on several occassions to use the appropriate Forums to post any comments one may have.

Posters need to be responsible in recognizing which is the proper forum to post their comments & opinions. O.G and I could easily move threads to their proper forums, but we also need to be careful in making sure it doesn't look like we are censoring any comments or threads as we move them around without further cluttering the boards with This Thread has been moved to:

Things are slow right now, so we are more lax with Threads.

Again we have a 1) FAU Football Thread that is pretty much self explanatory, 2) one for all other FAU sports and news pertaining to FAU and 3) an Open Forum for any Topic.

Since this is a Poster driven Board we rely on the poster to help monitor themselve in using the appropriate boards and Forums.

It is worth repeating that Poster do need to be responsible for making sure they DO use the proper Forums and to make sure to use the appropriate Threads as well.

Your opinions and comments are what drive this board, so happy posting, and remember to be mightful of others.

Bytor
Back to the top

I don't think anyone will listen though. I'm sure we can expect more good threads being turned into mindless banter about band directors and non-existent stadiums.

And a post like this one is worth what?

Back to the top

Kinda sums up the off (football) season topics
Back to the top
Control functions: