Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New License Plates!

Add topic

I thought we had to buy up all of the older plates before the state would let us get the new design but I was wrong. They are available now.

http://wise.fau.edu/plate/
Back to the top

New License Plates!

Eww!! Don't like it much, the old one IMO was the best one among universities in the state.
Back to the top

New License Plates!

I think they should have left the FAU off and had the Owl bigger. Other examples see below:

http://www3.hsmv.state.fl.us/Intranet/dmv/specialtytags/specialindex.cfm
Back to the top

New License Plates!

Back to the top

New License Plates!

I like the new tag, the old one was too busy. Doesn't look good on the truck.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

New License Plates!

USF's Tag is pretty clean and looks big, easy to see
Back to the top

New License Plates!

I'm not big on the USF plate…looks like someone took a hatchet and put it threw the Bull's Head. ;D
Back to the top

New License Plates!

RhodeIslandOwl said

I'm not big on the USF plate…looks like someone took a hatchet and put it threw the Bull's Head. ;D

Thank You, I know we're all being civil here but this is an FAU board, not a blah blah blah. (they say in advertising don't use the competitions name, don't they?)

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

New License Plates!

I like the new tag, and the new USF tag as well…both new logos are growing on me.
Not to pick on anybody….but UCF's tag is terrible, I don't know many knights that were said to ride on horses with wings.
UF and FSU have their national champions on their tag, but I guess five in football is too much to put on a tag for Miami. ;)
Back to the top

New License Plates!

New License Plates!

dusky256fc said

Thank You, I know we're all being civil here but this is an FAU board, not a blah blah blah. (they say in advertising don't use the competitions name, don't they?)

yeah, not like I was expecting all the fau fans here to be praising it of course, you gotta admit the new font and dark colors are pretty awesome though…

I've had mixed feelings with both the old and new fau plates, I think the new plates look slightly better but fau's colors have never been really big with me so that might be it.

UF's and FSU's plates aren't really exciting but they look just fine, tasteful is the way I'd describe them. As for central florida I kinda have to agree with mh2os, they look awfully bad and that's not just because I'm a usf fan. I believe they haven't been updated in years and they really look terrible.
Back to the top
Control functions: