Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Marcus Vick talking with the Dolphins

Add topic

about a contract. Dolphins taking a look at the ex-VA Tech star. He took some reps at WR too.
Back to the top

another T.O. nothin but trouble.... Good skills but nothing to manage it with
Back to the top

i admit that he's trouble but don't you think his departure and current situation might have humbled him a bit? TO is an adult, MV is still pretty young, being a god on a college campus is tough. hopefully big bro smacked him around and he takes this third chance seriously. MV doesn't really seem like a troublesome player for the Falcons, he's no T.O., that's for sure.
Back to the top

I agree on the youth factor… maybe there is hope for him. I hate to see players come to a team and begin to tear it up with their BS. Keyshawn and the Bucs also come to mind. What a waste of talent with that guy. I loved what Chucky did with him… Didn't mellow Keyshan much but at least we didn't hear him talking much.
Back to the top

Here's another shot for him anyway. You see so many kids in college that make the same mistakes over and over. Error in judgement. Maybe he'll get his act together now that he's not surrounded by the small town fame of a Blacksburg, Virginia. Now he has to fit in and will need someone else's guidance instead of the other way around.

T.O. and K(Me)shawn is really different. You have the Ego trips of two adults vs legal infractions of a younger person.
Back to the top

I just worry that MV will run wild on south beach. If he caused that much trouble in small-town Blacksburg, he could be a mess in South Florida.

He still has the cocky attitude. He said that he is better than Lienhart and Cutler. If he is, I never saw it when he was at Va Tech. Let's get this straight, even without all of the problems, he probably wouldn't have been a 1st rounder. Most people had him as a 3rd round talent. His speed is marginal (he doesn't compare to his brother). He does throw a decent ball, but he isn't a top tier palyer. If he can stay out of trouble, he will be a marginal player at best. If not, he will be out of the league in hurry.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

That's always been a Major problem with young players coming to South Florida, the temptation is too great. There are too many to mention that have come down here with promise and blown it all partying. Seems like D Wade can handle it though, so there is hope!
Back to the top

Marcus was pampered waaay too much by Big Brother while at VTech. Even after getting helped out and taken care of by the school and a talking to by Big Bro, he managed to go out last season and make a complete ass of himself.

The most telling part of his character is what he did to Dumervil (I believe) from Louisville in the Bowl Game. Stomping on an opponents leg like that was classless and shows he has no respect for anything or anyone.

He is a wasted and useless talent.
Back to the top

I think most of the damage to Marcus was done by the university itself when they was too lenient on him. Beamer and the Administration finally had to do something when the press jumped all over it.

Back to the top

Hopefully he'll be a good WR/PR for Miami.
Back to the top
Control functions: