Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU clinches ASUN Tourney spot

Add topic

By beating ETSU 8-6 tonight behind 4 hits from Tyler Stevens and a homer run from Tim Mascia,FAU guaranteed a spot in the ASUN tourney. As for tomorrow-heres the scoop:

FAU wins and we are the #4 seed and play Stetson at 7pm wednesday in the 3/4 game.
ETSU wins+Campbell loses-FAU is #5 seed and plays Mercer in the 2/5 game 3pm Wednesday.
ETSU wins+Campbell wins-FAU is #6 seed and plays at 11am Wednesday against #1 seed Jacksonville
Back to the top

Let's hope for the sweep. FAU is 14-10 in night games vs. 14-16 in day games. We need all the advantage we can get. I'm curious as to who our starter today will be in light of the fact that Schmal closed last night. Although he didn't throw alot of pitches. I'm sure KC is considering how to approach his rotation for the tourney.
The error bug reared its' ugly head again last night, but fortunately didn't bite us. Why does it always seem like we eek out a win rather than nailing the coffin on our opponents? Because of that, I don't see us going too far in the tourney, but I'm glad the guys were able to keep the streak alive if only for some added exposure to the scouts who will be present in Deland.
Go Owls! Finish strong!
Back to the top
Control functions: