Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

HS senior to watch this year.

Orlando Freedom's Brian Valdez. It's still way to early to get excited. The bigger fish have a way of pulling the rug out on us late in the game. Anyway, it's some nice props from his visit.

Excerpts from his article from Fla Varsity:

Read On:

Valdez didn't shy away from the comparisons that he draws to his cousin saying that they have their similarities, but what are the two players' differences?

"He's more of a finesse player where I'm more about making the big hit. There are a lot of comparisons though, and we play similar."

Coming back for his senior seasons, Valdez doesn't set lofty goals for himself. Instead, he just keeps himself grounded while he keeps trying to learn the position.

"I expect to get more tackles and interceptions. I just expect to learn more about playing corner."

Last week, Valdez visited the Nike Camp in Gainesville, but according to Valdez it didn't go as well as planned.

"I was a little beat up and had a little bit of an injury. So because of the injury, the Nike camp didn't go as well as I would have hoped."

Even with an average showing at the camp, that doesn't take away what the 5-foot-11, 178 pound playmaker can do on the field. As a junior, Valdez recorded 112 tackles and two interceptions for Orlando Freedom last season and was an honorable mention all-county selection last season.

Valdez already has a good idea of what teams he'll be looking at more seriously when recruiting really starts to heat up.

"I have FAU, FIU, Louisville, Indiana, and Colorado all talking to me pretty strong. Those are the main schools looking at me right now."

While Valdez easily puts those teams ahead of others, that doesn't mean they're all on equal footing. Valdez already has two favorites.

"I have to favorites in FIU and FAU."

With the two teams being the newcomers in the state, what does Valdez like about the programs? He started off by talking about FIU.

"I really like them. They've told me a lot of stuff about how their program is. They're strong in academics, and their athletics are coming along."

Though he didn't name them his single favorite at this point, it sounded as if FAU was Valdez's favorite team at this point.

"They're really coming on. I like the facilities they have and everything. I've got to see their campus and I really like it as well."
Back to the top

You know about this one Talon. Someone/coach(?) posted some very good stuff about his interest in FAU earlier this year on FlaVar.
Back to the top

Sounds pretty good. I don't know anything about the kid so I am not sure if he is the real deal. However, it is nice to be the favorite on someone's list. I am sure that we will hear more about him in the future.

O.G. Any word on how this kid did at the Nike Camp. It says in the article that he didn't have a very good showing. Any ideas what this means in terms of measurables?

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

It is a little troubling to know that a CB had 112 tackles. That means that the front seven were pathetic and this kid made lots of tackles as the last line of defense. Not to say that he isn't a good ballplayer, because he did make the tackles. However, it doesn't look like he was getting much help from the rest of the defense. Hopefully if he comes to FAU he won't have to make so many tackles ;D GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I don't know how well he did. He did have a nagging injury at the time.

It's a fairly new school in Orlando. I think they're two years old. This is the 3rd year. They didn't do too well the 1st year with a 1-8 record. Last year('05) was 8-2.

He may be in good shape with all those tackles in high school. He shouldn't wear himself out this year.
Back to the top

O.G. I thought about that when I read the opening post. Interesting isn't it. ;)
Back to the top

Cameron Harris Jr. AKA C-4
Astronaut High School
Class of 2007
FAU COMMITT?

please click on the link below

http://64.237.99.126/viewer/index.php?op=show&video=2007341.wmv
Back to the top
Control functions: