Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

jeb for pres? or the commish?

Add topic

whoever complained abot non-FAU football topics being posted here…… deal with it.

Gov. Bush said he has discussed NFL commissioner's job

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) – Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said he was privately approached about his interest in becoming the NFL's next commissioner.

Bush said Tuesday the issue was discussed at a recent meeting with Patrick Rooney Sr., according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Rooney's brother is Dan Rooney, owner of Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers and co-chair of the search committee looking to replace the retiring Paul Tagliabue.

"I met with Mr. Rooney and I said, `I'm doing my job until I'm finished and then I'm going to consider other things,"' Bush told the newspaper.

Bush has said he will not run for president in 2008. His final term as governor ends in January, although he doesn't believe NFL officials will hold the position open until then.

Tagliabue, who has been commissioner since 1989, announced in March his decision to retire. Although he originally set a July 31 deadline to be out of the job, he has indicated his willingness to stay on longer.

Back to the top

There is as much chance of Jeb getting the job as Condoleezza Rice.

… And just for the record Exit, I complained about threads that had nothing to do with football and/or FAU (i.e. movies and parking tickets). But thanks for bringing it up again.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

… like i said…
Gov. Bush: Talk of him running NFL 'not serious'

By Greg A. Bedard and Dara Kam
Palm Beach Post Staff Writers

TALLAHASSEE – Gov. Jeb Bush hasn't announced what he'll do when he leaves office in January, but Wednesday he ruled out one new job: commissioner of the National Football League.

http://www.palmbeachpo…1c_PBP_DOLPHINS_0525.html

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Christ, his brother already ruined the country.....LEAVE THE NFL ALONE!!!
Back to the top

whoever complained abot non-FAU football topics being posted here…… deal with it.

Why don't you post in the correct forum????

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

Christ, his brother already ruined the country…..LEAVE THE NFL ALONE!!!

This is why you are supposed to post in the correct forum. This is for the discussion of FAU FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!! >:(

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Thanks O.G.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

Gov. Bush: Talk of him running NFL 'not serious'

That is the first intelligent and truthful statement from that family in quite a few years.
Back to the top
Control functions: