Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

If the Sun Belt got a new football team

Who would you like to see.Theres plenty of options like Georgia So.,Texas State,Western Kentucky,and others.
Back to the top

For selfish reasons I would like to see So Illinois. They are a huge school still D1AA. Over 30,000 students. I know they are way up north but I would be able to see FAU occasionaly when they played an away game in Carbondale. No other reason than that. Although the Salukis are a pretty good team. If they do go D1 they will probably join the same conference as Northern Illinois, the MAC.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Western Kentucky.
Only because of the smack they constantly bark out about how good they are in D1-AA football and what they would do in this conference.

Followed closely by GA Southern.
They turn out some very good teams over the years.

Then McNeese State.
They also have some good teams that come out of LA.
Back to the top

That is a cool choice Illi, you are right I never understood why they never made the move. Fact is since Coach Kill has been there it has been mentioned. It is a fantastic program, a ton of history. It might be a little stretch for the Sun Belt but really not that bad. It so close to the state line south so who knows. I agree with them leaning toward the MAC more in proximity to there rivals.

O.G. has some selections and there are so many excellent IIA schools that can make the move.
Back to the top

I would love to see Georgia Southern join the SunBelt. I am a bit biased though, as my my family's roots are in Statesboro…. if I end up living anywhere else but in FL it would be there and I would love to see my Owls play. Plus they're a darn good team every year. Not to mention that they are the closest geographically (save money on travel).
Back to the top

I heard some rumors that if WKU went D-1A they might join the MAC.
Back to the top

Thats been flying around for a couple of years now nolejc1
Back to the top

None of the above.

The SunBelt need to focus on building the power and reputation of its current members (including winnng OOC games) before lowering its image even more by truly becoming the I-AA-plus league by allowing more jump-up programs to join.

If WKU wanted to join, fine. It's already a member. Most of those other teams do not have the facilities (neither does Western), nor budgets to move up. If the MAC took WKU over MTSU or even Troy, that would be a slap. But the MAC is not a significant step up anyway.

Now, if La. Tech or one of the other respectable I-A teams wanted to join the SunBelt …

I hope some day, the best of the 'Belt and CUSA merge.

Back to the top

Would you allow any Independents in besides ND?What would really help the Belt is getting games against low BCS schools like Vandy,Baylor,Duke,etc and gets some wins over those kind of schools but yall already know that.
Back to the top

Army or Navy would be IMO pretty good
Back to the top
Control functions: