Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU is eliminated with a 5-1 Loss

Add topic

FAU's stay in the Atlantic Sun came to an official end with a 5-1 loss to ETSU today in Deland. FAU finishes 30-28 and now heads to the Sun Belt Conference next year. Thanks to all the players and coaches for all their hard work in the face of all the adversity they had to face this year. Without a doubt the memory to remember from 2006 will be Mickey Storey's no-hitter-any year with that game cant be all bad!
Back to the top

Disappointing year, but I know Coach Cooney will turn this around and we'll be very competitive next year. Thanks to all the A-Sun also. The conference was always competitive and that's all you can ask for in a conference. Good luck to the A-Sun and their member schools. Hopefully on to bigger and better things in the Sun Belt! GO OWLS!
Back to the top

These guys will turn it around no doubt about it! ;)
Back to the top

I think next year and the move to the new conference comes at a great time. Cooney has cleared out some of the idiots who can't behave by the rules or get good enough grades to want to stay in school and we have most of the team back, including McBryde (unless he gets drafted high enough) and Storey. Plus, I really don't think the SunBelt is that much of an upgrade baseball-wise over the A-Sun anyway. We'll be able to compete right off the bat. We do need to sort out our bullpen though…Crotta seems to have lost the plot somehow and no-one else has really shined this season.
Back to the top

I really disagree about the SunBelt being not a big upgrade over the ASUN. The Sun Belt gets at least three teams in the NCAA's. Troy,South Alabama, and UL-Lafayette are all better than any team in the ASUN. Several teams have won regionals in the SunBelt-only FAU ever won one for the ASUN. UL-Lafayette has been to the world series a few years ago. If we were in the SUnBElt this year we would have had a losing record to be sure. If Middle Tennessee can pull the upset in the SunBelt title game this year-the Sun Belt will likely get 4 in the NCAA's. The ASUN will get probably get two teams since JU didnt win the title-but they arent even 100% in. Trust me things will be more difficult in terms of competition next year, but I think we'll be up to the task!
Back to the top

I'd say the SBC isn't much of an upgrade over the A-Sun when it still had UCF and Troy….agreed?
Back to the top

The A-Sun was good with UCF and Troy, along with FAU and many of the the rest. It still didn't get much respect, though.

Troy just defeated MTSU 10-6 (was up 7-0) to sweep the regular season and tourney titles - for the first time since 2001. Troy is 45-14, with a 10-game winning streak (twice over Auburn).

It would be nice to see four SunBelt teams in the regionals. They all would do well.

Troy will probably be a No. 2 seed at Tuscaloosa, whihc would be fine since the Trojans have already beaten Bama. Troy could end up in Atlanta or even host a regional as well.

The SunBelt will be even better next year with FAU.

Back to the top
Control functions: