Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FCGU looking at Dooley

Add topic

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FCGU looking at Dooley

Does anyone know what became of this? It would be disappointing considering the latest news.

Latest news is the FAU women's soccer recruiting class was ranked first in the Sun Belt.
Back to the top

FCGU looking at Dooley

Let him go....with all the soccer talent down here, we really should have done better during his tenure than we have. The question I have is, can he take Donev with him?
Back to the top

FCGU looking at Dooley

FCGU looking at Dooley

I believe the real question is do you have a clue about FAU women's soccer? Do you know what type of program Dooley took over? Do you know how many regular season championships his team has won?

Do a little research! This program has done nothing but improve dramatically under Dooley.
Back to the top

FCGU looking at Dooley

No, I know nothing about women's soccer at FAU.

Let's see….he did win the A-Sun regular season TWO TIMES, in 03 and 05 (after UCF had fled the conf). I agree his regular season record is solid, although it should be against a conference like the A-Sun. Let's be brutally honest….after UCF, what competition was there? A bunch of private schools? With the local youth soccer scene (especially Team Boca) being as strong as it is down here, we should have been dominating the A-Sun every year.

And then there is Mr. Dooley's A-Sun tournament record….not exactly spectacular to say the least. 7 appearances, 1 win. Who remembers regular season champions, let's be honest? The goal is to get to the NCAA tournament, and we've only managed that once.

And if he's so good, why he considering leaving us for a school coming to the A-Sun, while we're moving up to the Sunbelt?

I think we've gone as far as we can go with Dooley, and we need to make a change. Same with the men.
Back to the top

FCGU looking at Dooley

Your first sentence says it all.

You still don't know the history of this program. Prior to his arrival this team was an embarassment in more ways than one.

Since his arrival, they have won 3 (2 with UCF in the conference) regular season conference championships and consistently compete for the award of highest team GPA. In addition,he has 4-5 young ladies representing their country on their national teams. He has also done this while only being able to award the full compliment of scholarships allowed under NCAA rules for 4 years.

My point is you have to look at the develop of the program to know the history- not just read a coaches bio.

From lack of w's and behavior problems prior to has arrival, to 3 out of the 4 last regular season titles, to the NCAA championships and then the highest ranked recruiting class in the Sun Belt. This program is headed in the right direction.

Who knows why he is looking at FGCU? Maybe they contacted him based on his success in the A-Sun and that they are moving into that conference. Why wouldn't he at least look and listen?

As far as the men are concerned, I don't follow their program so I, unlike you, will chose not to comment on what I don't know.

I'm sorry Ghost- the last comment wasn't necessary. I do respect your right to your opnion. I hope you respect mine as well.
Back to the top

FCGU looking at Dooley

The third "title" you are referring to was in 2002 I presume. You can claim that as a shared title if you like, but the A-Sun won't, as UCF edged us on the tiebreaker. And in 2005, the A-Sun was a joke with UCF gone.

I give Dooley all the credit for building the program to what it is now, but I feel that we need to make a change. Ok, so the program was a mess when he came in….he could only go upwards. UCF had his number throughout the years, and he knows it.

Highest-ranked recruiting class…whoopdee-friggin-doo. Preseason recruiting rankings are as useless in women's soccer just like they are in every other TEAM sport. Who cares if you've got a bunch of talented individuals if they can't play as a team? Predictions are just educated guesses….FAU baseball was supposed to win the A-Sun again, but what happened? Injuries, kids left, got kicked off…..so you can predict all you want, it doesn't mean diddly squat.

I can certainly understand why FGCU is looking at Dooley, the question I'd like you to answer is – why is he looking at them? Maybe he feels the same way as I do? What other reason would you take a step down for? Unless he knows some things we don't behind the scenes at FAU, but I doubt that. Once the football stadium gets built eventually, funding for all programs will increase…giving him a better chance than ever to build the program to what it should be.

And if as you say "the program is heading in the right direction" why is he considering jumping ship? Doesn't sound like a vote of confidence for this "#1 recruiting class" to me.

Just another homer/parent looking at things through rose-tinted glasses…..
Back to the top

FCGU looking at Dooley

as I said, I respect your right to your opinion. I have a different.
Back to the top

FCGU looking at Dooley

Ooh, must have struck a nerve somewhere….let's call it quits and see what happens. I can't wait to see his quotes about FAU if and when he does leave.
Back to the top

FCGU looking at Dooley

Dooley is 4-4-1 against UCF since 2000. That doesn't exactly indicate that they have his number. Now, I will say that the 1 tie definitely belongs in their camp since it decided the Conference Tournament Title in a shoot out (if it was in the regular season it would have been a tie which would leave him at .500 against UCF since 2000). His teams have also beaten the University of Miami 3 out of the last 4 times they have played. He is also 6-1 against Sun Belt teams since 2000 (only loss coming in 2000). Future looks pretty good to me.

Overall, you didn't strike a nerve. I simply disagree with your analysis of the program. I am predicting they win the first Sun Belt Title of the year for FAU next season.
Back to the top
Control functions: