Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NCAAwiki.com

NCAAwiki.com

I'm looking at upgrading the SBC pages on this site, and just wanted to let you guys know about it if you already didn't.

http://www.ncaawiki.com

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.ncaawiki.com/index.php/Florida_Atlantic

Feel free to edit and add all you want.
Back to the top

NCAAwiki.com

… bump…

Come on everybody, this is actually a cool site. But it takes some participation on your ends.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

NCAAwiki.com

I wonder who edited the Shula Bowl history thread? Are we playing point spread for the game or are we still going by won-loss record?
Back to the top

NCAAwiki.com

I'm pretty sure that the number of wins to loss is still the way the sporting world counts series champs. I can see it know the Mav's have two high scoring games but loose in the win column but they edge the heat by 2 points and get the championship. Now that wouldn't cause a riot ;D
Back to the top

NCAAwiki.com

O.G. said

I wonder who edited the Shula Bowl history thread? Are we playing point spread for the game or are we still going by won-loss record?

I assure you when I looked at it after reading your post it compared the points scored though all games. A little later I looked at it again and the paragraph was changed. The total points comparison is gone or was at the time I looked. It may get changed again.

The original was obviously done to minimize the three FIU losses.

this is how it reads now:

FAU won the first three games played in the series by relatively close margins of 7-10 points, thus FAU is currently the series champion, with three wins out of four in the series.
???

needs to be changed again.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

NCAAwiki.com

If I may make a suggestion in regard of the Wiki site - Since this is an Encyclopidea type of Web base News Source that can be edited, we have a chance to provide the information that drive this site concerning any information on FAU in general terms. We can then use this thread to compile a list of accurate information that can then be used to update the site.

We can include the successes of our womens teams, quickest 1-AA football team to reach the 1-AA semi game, the baseball team successes, etc.

OG an I can compile all info in one section for easy reference to be used to update the Wiki site. This can be easily done as a group effort and this is as good time as any till football starts again. So let start posting all suggestion of any info you would like to see on the Wiki site.

Back to the top

NCAAwiki.com

Thanks for checking it out Illinoisowl. I thought my Geritol was spiked with Jack Daniels there for awhile.. ;D

That sound good Bytor. To avoid duplications we can discuss via phone next week on what we're looking to add.
Back to the top

NCAAwiki.com

O.G. said

Its back to the way it was originally. I really looks like someone from FIU wrote it. I'm not trying to be smart. The way it is worded and the content is not really objective. If it is a publicly edited board, then some one from FAU has the right to change it to be a bit less biased. It looks really stupid the way it is now. Was the rivalry set up so the winner will be the one with the most cumulative points on a continuous basis? So if FAU beats FIU by 19 points this year, FIU will still be the winner because FAU didn't pass them in total cumulative points. Someone from FAU needs to change that.

FAU won the first three games played in the series by relatively close margins of 7-10 points, but FIU is currently the series champion, having blown FAU out by 46 points in the fourth and most recent match up. Thus, in the combined matches, FIU has scored 106 points (an average of 26.5/game) to FAU's 86 (an average of 21.5/game).

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

NCAAwiki.com

Changing it back won't accomplish anything. The problem is then you can get into a game of "bulletin board tag" that's not moderated by anyone. Personally, that's the real reason why I left this thread suggestion alone when raiderato presented it back in May. ANYBODY can go in at ANYTIME and alter those sites.

Even the LEGIT info which Bytor and will I put up later can be screwed with by anyone. You can waste a lot of time with these community boards.
Back to the top

NCAAwiki.com

Ain't that the truth!
Back to the top
Control functions: