Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alumni Jerseys

Add topic

There is a neat idea going around FIU's board http://fiuathleticscom.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1149171950 about making retro Jerseys of former FIU players that made the pros. I think that is a great idea. We should do the same thing with our alumni.
Back to the top

Alumni Jerseys

A group of us(including some ath dept members) talked about this a few years ago when we were in Hawaii at the hotel. Talked about how nice it would be to start a Jersey tradition. The focus was on the FAU football team jerseys but it went a little broader into other sports too. Someone said they'd look into it but I guess it just fell off somewhere and was forgotten.

I'd say the closest football is Chris Laz/Colts and Willie Hughley/Browns. Do we have a baseball player? How would you do baseball? When they make AAA or get called up to the majors? ? Yolando Griffith is already there representing for the women
Back to the top

Alumni Jerseys

I wear my Garret Jahn jersey to some home games! THATS RETRO!!! :)
Back to the top

Alumni Jerseys

TeamBeer said

I wear my Garret Jahn jersey to some home games! THATS RETRO!!! :)

Ahhhh…Mr Jahn the "Coin Flip" guy! Remember when coach Schnelly flipped the coin for him or Jared!!! He lost. :D
Back to the top

Alumni Jerseys

If I'm not mistaken OG, Jahn played the first half of the Slippery Rock game didn't he? Then Allen came in for the second half and never really looked back.
Back to the top

Alumni Jerseys

From the archives:

"Allen made the call, heads. It landed on tails and Jahn was awarded the ball for the game's and program's opening quarter. Allen will start the second quarter and a decision will be made at halftime for the remainder of the game."

Back to the top

Alumni Jerseys

Yes he did win the initial game start. Maybe I should have said he won the battle but lost the war.. :D
He felt they both played about equal in the Slippery Rock game. Coach Schnelly then tried the two headed QB system for awhile after that.

Remember that fiasco? 13 kids who weren't approved by the NCAA Clearinghouse??? Some were told in the locker room that they would be starting!
Back to the top

Alumni Jerseys

Alumni Jerseys

I do rememer that! It was a rocky start but man was that a great day.

This'll give us something to do over the summer, FAU Football Trivia.

Who scored the first touchdown for FAU and how was it scored??? No looking it up either!
Back to the top
Control functions: