Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Early 1st game (Clemson ) chatter

Sept 2, 2006.

They have 8 of the 2006 players on the future NFL watch.
Hopefully all the players will be caught up in the first game fundraising drive and Clemson HOF inductions and take us lightly. Boston College is up next for them so that may help our cause too.

Take the virtual tour of the football stadium. Impressive.

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/clem-m-footbl-body.html
Back to the top

I have a friend who is a Miami Alumni and travels with the team alot, and he said it was the toughest stadium he has been to. Last year he didn't go back because the fans are very difficult to deal with. He said a girl about 12 years old took his ticket and said thanks for coming…so you can lose!

Death Valley is tough…but on any given Saturday.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Saw UCF play Clemson there in 2001. Some fans there are idiots, but mostly good. If we lose be ready to listen to a lot of abuse. UCF lost by less than 7 and the Clemson fans were talking so much s**t. I'd understand if the team embarrased themselves, but we almost beat them and they didnt give us any respect. Its a great section that they give the oppossing fans. Its right at the front and stacked between clemson fans.
Back to the top

The visiting fans are probably close to students section too, huh?
Back to the top

From what i remember it seemed like it was in more of a season ticket area with families. Student sections were at both ends of the field. A lot of people jump on the field after the game and that is where the trash talking took place. Even little kids were talking trash.
Back to the top

Clemson is going to have one nasty defense. They were dominant late in the season last year especially in their bowl win against Colorado. They could be a dark horse to win the ACC. Our young offense is going to have to pull out all of the stops in order to compete with the Clemson D-line. It should be a fun game to watch. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

They have a very good defense! The test will come very early for our offense. It will be interesting to see how well we handle the stunts this early. Last year we had a lot of trouble because of the inexperienced line. This year FAU should be better prepared.

I didn't say STOP the Clemson defensive packages. Just see how well we pick up on them from our youngster's standpoint.
Back to the top

O.G., I agree completely, the O-line won't stop the Clemson D, they can only hope to slow them down. If the young Owls can do that, they will have done their job. It will be a great test for this team. Given the promise showed by FAU against OSU last year, we could see a much closer game against Clemson than most people expect. Like OSU last year, this game could be a bit sloppy for both teams and FAU could keep it closer than most people think. I am not saying that FAU will pull the upset of the century, I am only saying that there is a chance for FAU to keep this game closer than most think it will be. That said, I do not think that FAU will play up to the level of Clemson, I instead think that Clemson might look a little sloppy allowing FAU to catch a few breaks. I know it is early, but I am going way out on a limb and saying that this game will be decided by 17 points or fewer. Perhaps 28-14. In my mind that would be a good showing for FAU. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Clemson finished 8-4 last year. They won 6 out of 7 games to finish the season. Their 4 losses were by a total of 14 points. They will be a hearty challenge for FAU. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

…well the Clemson faithful already are talking up our meeting:

http://mb20.scout.com/…ssage?topicID=32687.topic

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: