Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2006 roster

I don't know how long this has been on the FAU web site. Last time I checked it was still the 2005 roster.

http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/fau-m-footbl-mtt.html

Two observations:

Are the weights of the returning players last year's weights? I remember hearing some of those guys, like Faulk, put on some size.

I see a he!! of a lot of FR on the roster. Are we losing players just dropping out? There are a lot of freshman, wow!!! I hope its not deja vu all over again.

And of course you'll notice # 1 is not on the roster.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

2006 roster

With 23 to 24 Newbies from each of the previous two recruiting periods, you are left with the largest assembled group of freshman since the inguaral class of recruits, so you will see a bunch of Freshman listed. We went from 65 to filling the maximun of possible 85 scholly's (if we have reach the max # I am not sure) - I do believe the coaches usually save a few scholly's for walk-on's and others that earned them the hard way.

I won't worry about having another year like last year, we should be able to handle the turn around much better from now on. There was a lot of evens that where out of the coaches control, injuries, players leaving for pesonal reach and others kick-off the team and other stuff that you can't plan for that also contributed to some of our youth a year ago.

Plus, I think the weight being listed is never acurate!!

Back to the top

2006 roster

2006 roster

They have some of the Bio's screwed up. If you noticed some of the pic's have changed but the changes but size and height on some stayed the same. the years for each seem to be messed up too. I'm sure it will get fixed before the season, or not.
Back to the top

2006 roster

Not. Some colleges do not update their returning player's sizes. The bios only may be plugged into the upcoming year with a new photo. That's why last year's roster was off regarding sizes but the photo and previous year's results were posted.

The incoming true frosh measurements are taken during the official visits. That could have been anytime last football season or late January '06! The summer workout schedules were mailed and received by the players months ago. They use those schedules to get into playing shape. The coaches can tell by the results of testing in the fall.

In other words for the best results. Check them out in August for the true measurements. Unfortunately for out of towners that will have to be relayed by this forum.. ;D Why? Printed articles about the team can be distorted because the media will pull up what the same roster which we're looking at today.
Back to the top
Control functions: